North Hills School District hires director of safety/security
The North Hills School District has hired a retired police detective as director of safety and security.
William McKellar of Ross also will be a school police officer, the district said in a prepared statement Thursday.
McKellar had worked as the North Hills High School security officer for the past seven years, following his retirement as a detective and sergeant with the Allegheny County Sheriff's Office after 21 years of service.
McKellar will assume his new duties on Aug. 21 and his salary will be $40,158, the district said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- With Malkin out, Penguins fall to Flyers, 4-1
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Pirates’ McCutchen leaves game early, says he is not hurt
- Pirates planning on maximizing the versatility of Rodriguez
- Reliever Hughes takes plenty of pride in being Pirates’ middle man
- Coach Jordano providing steady hand for Pitt baseball program
- West Virgina advances to WNIT title game
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- Gibsonia film producer makes documentary about female troops serving in war
- Pirates notebook: Richard doesn’t exercise opt-out clause in contract
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 3, Orioles 3, 10 inns.