North Hills School District hires director of safety/security
The North Hills School District has hired a retired police detective as director of safety and security.
William McKellar of Ross also will be a school police officer, the district said in a prepared statement Thursday.
McKellar had worked as the North Hills High School security officer for the past seven years, following his retirement as a detective and sergeant with the Allegheny County Sheriff's Office after 21 years of service.
McKellar will assume his new duties on Aug. 21 and his salary will be $40,158, the district said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers trade punter Wing to Giants for pick
- Plum teacher asks judge to dismiss intimidation charges
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- Judge convicts Homewood man of deadly jitney driver shooting
- Pitt forward Maia injured during workouts
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno dies, hospital says
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz
- Construction to close roads in O’Hara, Baldwin Borough
- Vick supporters, opponents demonstrate before Steelers’ game, but coexist
- Young guns lead way into pivotal Pirates-Cardinals series