Bicyclist killed in collision in Hays section of Pittsburgh
A bicyclist from the South Side was killed Friday in a collision with a car.
Jeffrey Ziektak, 57, died in the crash that occurred at 4:18 p.m. in the 700 block of Baldwin Road in Hays, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which occurred in front of houses on the narrow, two-lane street.
The crash forced Pittsburgh police to close off the Streets Run Road exit of Route 885, snarling rush-hour traffic for several hours. Motorists on East Carson Street were backed up to Becks Run Road.
City accident reconstruction specialists are investigating.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- Defense dominates West Virginia’s spring game
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Three names added to Tuskegee Airmen Memorial in Sewickley
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- Parkway West closure canceled
- Serious injury reported in Penn Hills fire
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- Special events planned as part of Kennywood’s 2015 season
- Views of Heinz Field entice National Guard recruits
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students