Bicyclist killed in collision in Hays section of Pittsburgh
A bicyclist from the South Side was killed Friday in a collision with a car.
Jeffrey Ziektak, 57, died in the crash that occurred at 4:18 p.m. in the 700 block of Baldwin Road in Hays, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which occurred in front of houses on the narrow, two-lane street.
The crash forced Pittsburgh police to close off the Streets Run Road exit of Route 885, snarling rush-hour traffic for several hours. Motorists on East Carson Street were backed up to Becks Run Road.
City accident reconstruction specialists are investigating.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Peduto says city dropped UPMC lawsuit to help nonprofit payment talks
- Multimillion-dollar renovations to remake 1960s Pittsburgh apartments
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Unseasonably cold temperature sets Western Pa. record
- McCandless OKs land development plan for potential Wal-Mart
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- 2 killed in East Huntingdon crash