Bicyclist killed in collision in Hays section of Pittsburgh
A bicyclist from the South Side was killed Friday in a collision with a car.
Jeffrey Ziektak, 57, died in the crash that occurred at 4:18 p.m. in the 700 block of Baldwin Road in Hays, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which occurred in front of houses on the narrow, two-lane street.
The crash forced Pittsburgh police to close off the Streets Run Road exit of Route 885, snarling rush-hour traffic for several hours. Motorists on East Carson Street were backed up to Becks Run Road.
City accident reconstruction specialists are investigating.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Amusement parks fight off home entertainment threat
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Pitt plays best game of the season; routs Kansas State
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Western Pa. business owners urge shoppers to think small