Bicyclist killed in collision in Hays section of Pittsburgh
A bicyclist from the South Side was killed Friday in a collision with a car.
Jeffrey Ziektak, 57, died in the crash that occurred at 4:18 p.m. in the 700 block of Baldwin Road in Hays, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which occurred in front of houses on the narrow, two-lane street.
The crash forced Pittsburgh police to close off the Streets Run Road exit of Route 885, snarling rush-hour traffic for several hours. Motorists on East Carson Street were backed up to Becks Run Road.
City accident reconstruction specialists are investigating.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shaler man charged with homicide, abuse of corpse in McKeesport woman’s death
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- ATI picketer injured at Harrison mill
- Thousands in New Orleans became targets of unscrupulous contractors
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- Flooded out of Big Easy, veterinarian builds new life in Lawrenceville
- Despite being suspended, Boyd still making contributions for Pitt
- Pirates notebook: Catcher Cervelli among ejection leaders
- Cops nab 4 in Monessen drug hangout
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE