Bicyclist killed in collision in Hays section of Pittsburgh
A bicyclist from the South Side was killed Friday in a collision with a car.
Jeffrey Ziektak, 57, died in the crash that occurred at 4:18 p.m. in the 700 block of Baldwin Road in Hays, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which occurred in front of houses on the narrow, two-lane street.
The crash forced Pittsburgh police to close off the Streets Run Road exit of Route 885, snarling rush-hour traffic for several hours. Motorists on East Carson Street were backed up to Becks Run Road.
City accident reconstruction specialists are investigating.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers, 3-1
- Lifesaving risks: Thorough evaluations coming for potential organ donors
- Penn State wins 2nd straight women’s volleyball title
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- Penguins notebook: Memorable night for Pouliot, Trocheck
- PSU running back Lynch relishes trip back to New York
- Drought opens Texas ranchers’ eyes to income options
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Climate changes, habitat loss cited as threats to 314 bird species
- Christmas in Western Pa. predicted to be ‘slightly white’
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents