Bicyclist killed in collision in Hays section of Pittsburgh
A bicyclist from the South Side was killed Friday in a collision with a car.
Jeffrey Ziektak, 57, died in the crash that occurred at 4:18 p.m. in the 700 block of Baldwin Road in Hays, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which occurred in front of houses on the narrow, two-lane street.
The crash forced Pittsburgh police to close off the Streets Run Road exit of Route 885, snarling rush-hour traffic for several hours. Motorists on East Carson Street were backed up to Becks Run Road.
City accident reconstruction specialists are investigating.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Cat found shot with arrow in Penn Township expected to survive
- Allegheny County budget proposal sidesteps tax increase, boosts jail spending
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- Hampton’s Balish, GCC’s Zambruno capture WPIAL girls golf titles
- State Supreme Court concludes hearing on UPMC-Highmark Medicare case
- Johnstown man accused of sexual misconduct at state park
- Out-of-control car strikes four vehicles, building in Verona
- Mexico’s army chief denies troops involved in massacre