Bicyclist killed in collision in Hays section of Pittsburgh
A bicyclist from the South Side was killed Friday in a collision with a car.
Jeffrey Ziektak, 57, died in the crash that occurred at 4:18 p.m. in the 700 block of Baldwin Road in Hays, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which occurred in front of houses on the narrow, two-lane street.
The crash forced Pittsburgh police to close off the Streets Run Road exit of Route 885, snarling rush-hour traffic for several hours. Motorists on East Carson Street were backed up to Becks Run Road.
City accident reconstruction specialists are investigating.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Locke struggles again early, Pirates lose again in Milwaukee
- Adrian man sentenced to 10 years in prison for sex crimes
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Roundup: U.S. bank earnings up 7.3% in 2nd quarter; IMF warns China slowdown threatens global economy; more
- TJ to clash with Ringgold in tough season opener
- American to halt 2 direct routes from Pittsburgh International
- Company supplies industry worldwide with products made in South Buffalo
- 82-year-old accused of trying to rape home health aide may get probation
- Pa. business interests decry EPA ozone proposal as economic albatross