Bicyclist killed in collision in Hays section of Pittsburgh
A bicyclist from the South Side was killed Friday in a collision with a car.
Jeffrey Ziektak, 57, died in the crash that occurred at 4:18 p.m. in the 700 block of Baldwin Road in Hays, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which occurred in front of houses on the narrow, two-lane street.
The crash forced Pittsburgh police to close off the Streets Run Road exit of Route 885, snarling rush-hour traffic for several hours. Motorists on East Carson Street were backed up to Becks Run Road.
City accident reconstruction specialists are investigating.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space
- Port Authority police discuss bus crash with county prosecutors
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Melocchi pleads guilty in leading McKeesport gambling ring
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Program helping Armstrong jail inmates earn GED diplomas
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Consol Energy Center cashes in again on payments from Rivers Casino
- Indiana County infant hit by bullet will be blind in one eye