Washington County man sentenced to prison for possessing child pornography
A Washington County man will spend five years and 10 months in prison for possessing child pornography, a federal judge ruled Monday.
Kevin Zajack, 47, of Charleroi pleaded guilty in March to the possession charge. Federal investigators discovered that Zajack in March 2011 logged into a members-only Italian website that offered child pornography, prosecutors said.
A May 2011 search turned up hundreds of photos and videos on Zajack's computer, prosecutors said. U.S. District Judge Donetta Ambrose also sentenced Zajack to 15 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LNG exports get federal approval from Dominion’s Cove Point terminal
- Public station WQED cutting staff in face of financial woes
- Corbett: Downtown project will ‘make a huge difference’ in Pittsburgh
- South Side bar closes voluntarily as District Attorney reviews safety concerns
- Police find pipe bombs in woods during manhunt for suspect in trooper ambush
- Corbett to sign bill to help lower fatal overdoses
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Tomlin: Penalties only one factor in Steelers’ loss
- Pittsburgh rallies for second year of Pirates magic
- Mercer’s improved defense at shortstop gives Pirates a boost
- Pitt joins national team looking to unravel traumatic brain injuries