Washington County man sentenced to prison for possessing child pornography
A Washington County man will spend five years and 10 months in prison for possessing child pornography, a federal judge ruled Monday.
Kevin Zajack, 47, of Charleroi pleaded guilty in March to the possession charge. Federal investigators discovered that Zajack in March 2011 logged into a members-only Italian website that offered child pornography, prosecutors said.
A May 2011 search turned up hundreds of photos and videos on Zajack's computer, prosecutors said. U.S. District Judge Donetta Ambrose also sentenced Zajack to 15 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steeler lineman Adams sues men he claims attacked, stabbed him
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Guatemalan to be deported after getting caught with brass knuckles in luggage
- Bad weather delays Parkway West, Fort Pitt Tunnel lane closures tonight
- Sestak kicks off U.S. Senate campaign — with a couple missteps
- Court rules Steelers must pay Okobi workers comp
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Elizabeth Township, McKeesport impacted by ice jam on Youghiogheny River
- House resolution urges Wolf to reverse death penalty moratorium
- Homewood shooting victim identified
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates