Woman with knife fatally shot by Oil City police
Police in Venango County on Tuesday night shot and killed a woman who they say was attacking an officer with a knife.
Troopers were called to investigate the shooting by Oil City police that occurred shortly before 9 p.m. along Central Avenue, said Capt. Steve J. Ignatz, commanding officer of state police Troop E based in Erie.
“Preliminary indications are that the officers were responding to a call of a person with reported mental issues,” Ignatz said. “We were told that the woman approached an officer with a knife and that person shot and killed her.”
No other information was immediately available.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- Spirit Airlines to add daily flights from Latrobe to Chicago O’Hare
- Murphy: May not be able to secure cyberspace, but must minimize impact
- State’s highest court to take up legality of Wolf moratorium on death penalty
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Lawrenceville man charged with rape, child pornography and 27 other sexual offenses
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Wilkinsburg father ordered to have no contact with daughter or her grandmother
- Company proposes building 2 gas-fired power plants in West Virginia
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals