Woman with knife fatally shot by Oil City police
Police in Venango County on Tuesday night shot and killed a woman who they say was attacking an officer with a knife.
Troopers were called to investigate the shooting by Oil City police that occurred shortly before 9 p.m. along Central Avenue, said Capt. Steve J. Ignatz, commanding officer of state police Troop E based in Erie.
“Preliminary indications are that the officers were responding to a call of a person with reported mental issues,” Ignatz said. “We were told that the woman approached an officer with a knife and that person shot and killed her.”
No other information was immediately available.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- New Kensington to convert tennis courts to dek hockey rink
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Fire at Flight 93 National Memorial hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- Freeport man accused of having child pornography images