Woman with knife fatally shot by Oil City police
Police in Venango County on Tuesday night shot and killed a woman who they say was attacking an officer with a knife.
Troopers were called to investigate the shooting by Oil City police that occurred shortly before 9 p.m. along Central Avenue, said Capt. Steve J. Ignatz, commanding officer of state police Troop E based in Erie.
“Preliminary indications are that the officers were responding to a call of a person with reported mental issues,” Ignatz said. “We were told that the woman approached an officer with a knife and that person shot and killed her.”
No other information was immediately available.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- TJ roll to 4th straight win, rout Elizabeth Forward
- Martin’s homer rescues Pirates in 4-2 victory over Brewers
- Chamber lends support to bike event
- Monument to Steel Valley Korean War hero relocated
- North Versailles restaurant, dance studio damaged in crash
- McKeesport men jailed following high-speed chase
- East Allegheny releases teacher salary figures
- Ringgold rolls over West Mifflin
- Finally healthy, Letang looking to make his presence felt as a leader
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Inside the glass: Johnston’s opening practice grueling