Woman found slain in Homewood identified as East Liberty resident
The woman who was found shot to death along a secluded, dead-end street in Homewood was identified on Wednesday as a resident of East Liberty.
The body of Samantha Powe, 30, was found Tuesday afternoon along the side of Hallam Street, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. An autopsy showed she died of head wounds, the spokesman said.
Her body was found lying face down in a puddle by a motorist who was turning around because of a tree and power lines that were downed on Perchment Street because of a storm.
Pittsburgh homicide detectives are still trying to identity suspects and confirm a motive for the slaying, said police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Clairton wins 11th WPIAL football championship
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- City Christmas tree lighting kicks off Light-Up Night festivities
- Plum man killed in Saltsburg Road rollover
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Pirates cut ties with Davis, clearing path for Alvarez to play first base
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- Westmoreland County sheriff won’t alter staffing as cash runs out
- Philadelphia patient does not have Ebola