Woman found slain in Homewood identified as East Liberty resident
The woman who was found shot to death along a secluded, dead-end street in Homewood was identified on Wednesday as a resident of East Liberty.
The body of Samantha Powe, 30, was found Tuesday afternoon along the side of Hallam Street, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. An autopsy showed she died of head wounds, the spokesman said.
Her body was found lying face down in a puddle by a motorist who was turning around because of a tree and power lines that were downed on Perchment Street because of a storm.
Pittsburgh homicide detectives are still trying to identity suspects and confirm a motive for the slaying, said police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Real estate union: Howard Hanna buys Langholz Wilson Ellis
- 5 plead guilty to charges of luring, beating man at Harrison gas station
- Position move fits Pitt sophomore Artis
- Convocation center booze battle rages on for California and Cal U
- Connellsville wrestling tunes up for duals by routing TJ
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Assault suspect allowed to play H.S. basketball
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Hot-shooting Cougars blitz Waynesburg
- Asked about Cuban cigars’ availability, retailers point to trade embargo