Woman found slain in Homewood identified as East Liberty resident
The woman who was found shot to death along a secluded, dead-end street in Homewood was identified on Wednesday as a resident of East Liberty.
The body of Samantha Powe, 30, was found Tuesday afternoon along the side of Hallam Street, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. An autopsy showed she died of head wounds, the spokesman said.
Her body was found lying face down in a puddle by a motorist who was turning around because of a tree and power lines that were downed on Perchment Street because of a storm.
Pittsburgh homicide detectives are still trying to identity suspects and confirm a motive for the slaying, said police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Injured Pitt center Rowell plays well-rounded role on campus
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Jury selection to continue in Ferrante cyanide poisoning trial
- Rostraver woman victim of home invasion
- McCaffery’s suspension: Castille’s concurrence