Woman found slain in Homewood identified as East Liberty resident
The woman who was found shot to death along a secluded, dead-end street in Homewood was identified on Wednesday as a resident of East Liberty.
The body of Samantha Powe, 30, was found Tuesday afternoon along the side of Hallam Street, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. An autopsy showed she died of head wounds, the spokesman said.
Her body was found lying face down in a puddle by a motorist who was turning around because of a tree and power lines that were downed on Perchment Street because of a storm.
Pittsburgh homicide detectives are still trying to identity suspects and confirm a motive for the slaying, said police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Syrian border town emerges as pivot point in Islamic State fight
- Experience ‘Faces and Voices’
- Penn State succumbs to No. 13 Ohio State in double overtime
- Pirates must weigh risk, reward in attempt to sign Martin
- Penguins rebound with shutout of Predators
- Pa. Supreme Court in ‘sad state’ as scandals tarnish reputation
- Penguins’ Crosby OK with Neal comments about trade
- CDC’s misinformation spreads faster than Ebola virus
- Starkey: Chryst missed his only shot
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Pittsburgh Mills mall stability questioned