Fayette phone company works to fix 9-1-1 problem
Fayette phone company works to fix 911 problem
Fayette County residents in the Springfield and Saltlick township areas serviced by Laurel Highlands Telephone Co. with a 455 exchange were unable to access Fayette County's 911 in Uniontown by land line Wednesday afternoon and night.
Laurel highlands and Verizon said they are working to correct the problem.
Those affected can still call 911 by cell phone or by calling 724-430-9111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Body found during search for missing man on Youghiogheny
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- IRS cybersecurity breach touches lives of homebuyers, others
- Judge lashes UPMC, Highmark in consent decree violation hearing
- Tenant charged in fire that destroyed Latrobe apartment house
- Plum teacher, held for trial, vows to fight witness intimidation charge
- Penn Hills teenager charged in New Kensington shooting
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak