Fayette phone company works to fix 9-1-1 problem
Fayette phone company works to fix 911 problem
Fayette County residents in the Springfield and Saltlick township areas serviced by Laurel Highlands Telephone Co. with a 455 exchange were unable to access Fayette County's 911 in Uniontown by land line Wednesday afternoon and night.
Laurel highlands and Verizon said they are working to correct the problem.
Those affected can still call 911 by cell phone or by calling 724-430-9111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers defense must replace three injured starters
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- Steelers notebook: Running game kept Panthers guessing
- Gubernatorial debate features incumbent in need of win vs. wealthy businessman running as an outsider
- At least 40 Iraqi soldiers killed in Islamic State strike; dozens captured
- NFL notebook: QB-strapped Bucs hold tryout for Pryor
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Braves
- Obama defends work of Secret Service
- MLB notebook: Braves dismiss GM Wren
- Root Sports prepares for Pitt/WVU telecast overlap
- Peduto’s first budget proposal seeks to increase real estate tax rate