Judge confirms jury award of $8.1 in Downtown patent lawsuit
A federal judge on Wednesday confirmed a jury award of $8.1 million to Grant Street Group Inc., Downtown, in its patent lawsuit against Realauction.com LLC of Plantation, Fla.
A federal jury on June 17 found that the Florida company's RealTaxLien software sold between April 20, 2009, and March 9, 2010, violated one of Grant Street Group's patents but rejected two other patent violation claims.
Grant Street Group, formerly MuniAuction, is a pioneer of online municipal bond auctions. U.S. District Judge Mark Hornak noted in his ruling that both sides plan to file post-decision motions that could change the award.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Touchstone program forges Frazier grad’s interest in art
- Pittsburgh firefighters rescue person from Point Breeze house fire
- Farmington arts center dedicates glass studio
- Scout’s spruce-up of Masontown church nets Eagle award
- Penn State sheds conservative playcalling in rout of Indiana
- Storyteller brings ghost tales to Rostraver library event
- Zombie Stomp to take over streets of Finleyville
- Runner, skaters race to benefit Donora Smog Museum
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Tours of Nemacolin Castle in Brownsville offer history, ghost stories
- Feds aim to bring Chinese military leaders to Pittsburgh for trial