Weekend riders of Port Authority's T will face significant detours due to rail repairs
Weekend riders of the Port Authority's T will face significant detours because of rail repairs in Beechview and a fan replacement in the Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel.
The inbound Red Line on Saturday will be detoured all day because of rail repairs on Broadway Avenue. It will operate normally from South Hills Village to Overbrook Junction/Willow, then detour via the Blue Line's routing toward Downtown/North Shore. An inbound rail shuttle will operate from Overbrook Junction to Potomac, and bus shuttles will transport riders inbound from Potomac to Station Square. At Station Square, riders may transfer to rail to Downtown/North Shore. Outbound Red Line will operate on its regular route.
Until 1 p.m. Sunday, the Red Line will be closed in both directions between Potomac and Station Square. Bus shuttles will serve the affected T stops. At Station Square, riders may transfer to rail shuttles that will operate to and from the North Shore. T service will operate in both directions between South Hills Village and Potomac.
Additionally, the Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel will be closed during this time for fan replacement. During the tunnel closure, Blue Line service will operate in both directions between Library and South Hills Junction. At South Hills Junction, riders may catch the bus shuttle to Station Square, where they can then transfer to rail to Downtown/North Shore. Riders should reverse the process to travel to the outbound Blue Line.
After 1 p.m. Sunday, the Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel will be open, and Blue Line service will operate normally in both directions. The inbound Red Line will revert to its Saturday detour.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh roots shape former Md. governor’s outlook in run for president
- Pittsburgh HealthyRide bike share system scales back planned launch
- Point Park graduate’s ‘mugshot’ photos hit nerve on racism
- Day care operator gets long sentence for neglect of children
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Delay sought in enforcing regulation to make mortgages easier to understand
- Gorman: WPIAL trio triumphs over tragedy
- Spring is season of champions in A-K Valley
- GMC Sierra is part workhorse, part command center
- Write-in opens up mayoral race in Greensburg
- Seton Hill won’t manage new apartment project for student housing in city