Former Allegheny prosecutor charged with promoting prostitution
Police charged a Monroeville attorney with promoting prostitution in an undercover investigation involving officers from Monroeville, Moon and Pittsburgh.
Monroeville Police arrested W. Christopher Conrad, 64, on Wednesday outside Gateway Grill. A Brentwood woman police identified as a prostitute told authorities that Conrad drove her to and from appointments, police said.
Conrad is charged with promoting prostitution, criminal conspiracy and using a cellphone to communicate with a female escort, according to a criminal complaint.
The woman was not charged as of Thursday morning.
Police said they tracked down the woman through an advertisement and arranged to meet her at a hotel in Monroeville. There, she told police Conrad is her attorney and was aware that she worked as a prostitute.
Conrad was held in the Allegheny County Jail on $5,000 bail, according to court records.
A lawyer who has represented Conrad could not be reached.
Conrad was an Allegheny County prosecutor until 1998 and became a defense attorney. He ran an unsuccessful campaign against District Attorney Stephen A. Zappala Jr.
Conrad was charged three times with drunken driving in recent years and with driving with a suspended license.
Christina Gallagher is a Trib Total Media staff writer. Reach her at 412-380-5637 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- S&P 500 logs 47th record high close for year
- DVD reviews: ‘The Giver,’ ‘The Expendables 3’ and ‘What If’
- Pedestrian dies in North Side accident, authorities say
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- In ‘StockCity,’ real investing like game
- Pirates notebook: Autographs to come at a cost at PirateFest
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- James Taylor coming to Consol on Nov. 29
- Book fair to benefit North Hills School District, Make-A-Wish