Pedestrian killed by vehicle in Penn Hills
A Penn Hills man was struck and killed by a vehicle on Thursday afternoon while walking near a golf course.
Edward Joyce, 81, was pronounced dead at the scene following the accident that occurred at 5:36 p.m. in the 6500 block of Saltsburg Road in Penn Hills, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Penn Hills police Chief Howard Burton said the motorist immediately stopped and was cooperating with officers.
The accident occurred near the 3 Lakes Golf Course, formerly known as the Alcoma Golf Course, and Burton said Joyce could often be seen walking in the area picking up golf balls.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- NFL notebook: Broncos WR Welker suspended 4 games
- Penn State notebook: Franklin: Nittany Lions’ ‘healthy’ going into Week 2
- Obama to reassure NATO on Ukraine
- Saudis arrest 88 accused of ties to al-Qaida
- Suit filed by 4 Cincinnati-area black students over expulsion
- Pitt football notebook: Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Fort Pitt Tunnel cleaning to close lanes
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds