Pedestrian killed by vehicle in Penn Hills
A Penn Hills man was struck and killed by a vehicle on Thursday afternoon while walking near a golf course.
Edward Joyce, 81, was pronounced dead at the scene following the accident that occurred at 5:36 p.m. in the 6500 block of Saltsburg Road in Penn Hills, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Penn Hills police Chief Howard Burton said the motorist immediately stopped and was cooperating with officers.
The accident occurred near the 3 Lakes Golf Course, formerly known as the Alcoma Golf Course, and Burton said Joyce could often be seen walking in the area picking up golf balls.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- Ferrante homicide trial heads into day 6 with testimony on cyanide, Web searches
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Kennametal profit, sales improve in 1Q, but forecast reduced
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Woman’s body found in Mars home
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Fulbright Program gives Pine woman taste of Thailand
- Clairton police rounding up street-level drug dealers
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out