Pedestrian killed by vehicle in Penn Hills
A Penn Hills man was struck and killed by a vehicle on Thursday afternoon while walking near a golf course.
Edward Joyce, 81, was pronounced dead at the scene following the accident that occurred at 5:36 p.m. in the 6500 block of Saltsburg Road in Penn Hills, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Penn Hills police Chief Howard Burton said the motorist immediately stopped and was cooperating with officers.
The accident occurred near the 3 Lakes Golf Course, formerly known as the Alcoma Golf Course, and Burton said Joyce could often be seen walking in the area picking up golf balls.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Hempfield teen hurt in single-vehicle crash
- Oak Ridge couple transforms 1820 house into quaint bed and breakfast
- Forbes Avenue jeweler’s embedded sidewalk sign safely slides out to make way for Pittsburgh Playhouse project