Pedestrian killed by vehicle in Penn Hills
A Penn Hills man was struck and killed by a vehicle on Thursday afternoon while walking near a golf course.
Edward Joyce, 81, was pronounced dead at the scene following the accident that occurred at 5:36 p.m. in the 6500 block of Saltsburg Road in Penn Hills, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Penn Hills police Chief Howard Burton said the motorist immediately stopped and was cooperating with officers.
The accident occurred near the 3 Lakes Golf Course, formerly known as the Alcoma Golf Course, and Burton said Joyce could often be seen walking in the area picking up golf balls.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Phipps holiday show is flowery winter wonderland
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Fashion FYI: Wearable art open house set in Jeannette
- Aerobics center offers services to Greensburg VFD
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years
- 3 sets of siblings help Greensburg Central Catholic volleyball achieve championship success
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Holidays are perfect for a fresh take on wearing sequins
- ‘Streetcar’ follows track of well-worn period atmosphere
- Pryor’s 22 points lead Robert Morris past Louisiana-Monroe