Pedestrian killed by vehicle in Penn Hills
A Penn Hills man was struck and killed by a vehicle on Thursday afternoon while walking near a golf course.
Edward Joyce, 81, was pronounced dead at the scene following the accident that occurred at 5:36 p.m. in the 6500 block of Saltsburg Road in Penn Hills, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Penn Hills police Chief Howard Burton said the motorist immediately stopped and was cooperating with officers.
The accident occurred near the 3 Lakes Golf Course, formerly known as the Alcoma Golf Course, and Burton said Joyce could often be seen walking in the area picking up golf balls.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Court validates Highmark Medicare plan that excludes UPMC
- Woman’s body found in Adams home
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Analyst outlines Klein’s supplements, prescriptions
- State trooper struck by SUV in Westmoreland faces more surgery, long recovery
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Slow-moving train hits car in Lawrenceville
- 2 Fayette commissioners oust Ambrosini as board chairman
- At least 2 dead after plane crashes at Kansas airport