Pedestrian killed by vehicle in Penn Hills
A Penn Hills man was struck and killed by a vehicle on Thursday afternoon while walking near a golf course.
Edward Joyce, 81, was pronounced dead at the scene following the accident that occurred at 5:36 p.m. in the 6500 block of Saltsburg Road in Penn Hills, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Penn Hills police Chief Howard Burton said the motorist immediately stopped and was cooperating with officers.
The accident occurred near the 3 Lakes Golf Course, formerly known as the Alcoma Golf Course, and Burton said Joyce could often be seen walking in the area picking up golf balls.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Victim of Monessen standoff committed suicide
- Elizabeth police under new leadership
- House Dem panel meets in Monessen
- Westmoreland County gets the word out about drug problem
- Lower Burrell sewer projects will cost millions
- Blaze ravages South Huntingdon home
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield