Forward house fire victim had been shot in head
BUNOLA, Pa. — Authorities were working to confirm the identity of a man who was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head inside a burning home in western Pennsylvania.
Allegheny County detectives and the medical examiner were attempting to confirm that the dead man is the 54-year-old resident of the home in Forward Township, about 15 miles south of Pittsburgh. They were also attempting to determine whether the man shot himself or was shot by someone else.
Authorities say a neighbor found the man's body after the fire was reported after 2 a.m. Sunday. Investigators also found the man's dog had been shot.
The medical examiner was still working to confirm the body's identity because it was not recognizable from being burned.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin says Latrobe session won’t differ from normal practice
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed dangerous homicide suspect
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced, Worley designated for assignment
- Police search for missing 7-year-old
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Obama nominates 3 judges for federal bench in Pittsburgh
- Sutter: Staal effect felt on 3rd line with Penguins
- Connellsville man arrested for firing handgun in city’s East Park
- China says U.S. trying to militarize South China Sea