Forward house fire victim had been shot in head
BUNOLA, Pa. — Authorities were working to confirm the identity of a man who was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head inside a burning home in western Pennsylvania.
Allegheny County detectives and the medical examiner were attempting to confirm that the dead man is the 54-year-old resident of the home in Forward Township, about 15 miles south of Pittsburgh. They were also attempting to determine whether the man shot himself or was shot by someone else.
Authorities say a neighbor found the man's body after the fire was reported after 2 a.m. Sunday. Investigators also found the man's dog had been shot.
The medical examiner was still working to confirm the body's identity because it was not recognizable from being burned.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- West Homestead man taken into custody after 8-hour police standoff in Hempfield
- Pirates cut 12, including outfielder Tabata and pitcher Lincoln
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- State police seek info on police impersonator in Export
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Port Authority secures free North Shore light-rail service
- Aldi to open store where Bottom Dollar closed in Garfield
- Freshman arrested in Burrell High School bomb threat
- Plagued by bomb threats, Yough offering $1,000 reward