Forward house fire victim had been shot in head
By The Associated Press
Published: Monday, July 29, 2013, 10:04 a.m.
BUNOLA, Pa. — Authorities were working to confirm the identity of a man who was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head inside a burning home in western Pennsylvania.
Allegheny County detectives and the medical examiner were attempting to confirm that the dead man is the 54-year-old resident of the home in Forward Township, about 15 miles south of Pittsburgh. They were also attempting to determine whether the man shot himself or was shot by someone else.
Authorities say a neighbor found the man's body after the fire was reported after 2 a.m. Sunday. Investigators also found the man's dog had been shot.
The medical examiner was still working to confirm the body's identity because it was not recognizable from being burned.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- White Oak residents can sign up through borough police for county’s new registry
- Elizabeth council seeks $500,000 state gaming grant to aid flood recovery
- North Versailles magisterial judge “retires” but remains on bench
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- West Mifflin business joins forces with East Allegheny students
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Google challenges nonprofits on ideas to use Glass