Forward house fire victim had been shot in head
BUNOLA, Pa. — Authorities were working to confirm the identity of a man who was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head inside a burning home in western Pennsylvania.
Allegheny County detectives and the medical examiner were attempting to confirm that the dead man is the 54-year-old resident of the home in Forward Township, about 15 miles south of Pittsburgh. They were also attempting to determine whether the man shot himself or was shot by someone else.
Authorities say a neighbor found the man's body after the fire was reported after 2 a.m. Sunday. Investigators also found the man's dog had been shot.
The medical examiner was still working to confirm the body's identity because it was not recognizable from being burned.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Police crash victim’s death ruled accidental
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Cal U students aid Fayette survey
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- North Huntingdon residents warned about vehicle break-ins
- Butler County COG, Humane Society aim to control cat population
- Cal U official receives New Pittsburgh Courier honor
- Trinity United Presbyterian offers Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Mars Area students put science theory into practice