Forward house fire victim had been shot in head
BUNOLA, Pa. — Authorities were working to confirm the identity of a man who was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head inside a burning home in western Pennsylvania.
Allegheny County detectives and the medical examiner were attempting to confirm that the dead man is the 54-year-old resident of the home in Forward Township, about 15 miles south of Pittsburgh. They were also attempting to determine whether the man shot himself or was shot by someone else.
Authorities say a neighbor found the man's body after the fire was reported after 2 a.m. Sunday. Investigators also found the man's dog had been shot.
The medical examiner was still working to confirm the body's identity because it was not recognizable from being burned.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire at Wilkinsburg row house displaces residents
- Pirates claim Ishikawa off waivers; Marte injured
- Alvarez homer triggers winning outburst for Pirates
- Man charged with passing counterfeit bills at Rivers Casino
- Pittsburgh singer Lee spreads love through music, charitable works
- New playhouse big success at Lower Burrell’s TryLife Center
- Don’t remove history’s lessons
- High tax could scuttle online gaming in Pa., CEO says
- Woman shot at Kennywood Park in ‘freak accident’
- Police: Maine man shoots off firework from top of head, dies
- Egypt claims to kill 63 terrorists in North Sinai