Man shot at apartment building in East Hills dies in hospital
A man who was shot Wednesday evening in Pittsburgh's East Hills neighborhood died in an Oakland hospital.
Derrick Lyman, 24, of the East Hills, died at 6:55 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian, where he was taken following the shooting that occurred about 30 minutes earlier, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Lyman was outside an apartment building along Park Hill Drive when he was shot two or three times, Pittsburgh police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said. Lyman fled into the hallway and collapsed, Herrmann said.
He said police were searching for at least one man who was seen running from the area.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak to 6
- Football, men’s basketball among Pitt teams to post highest Academic Progress Rate scores
- Crews called to possible drowning in Perry Township
- Pirates notebook: Alvarez having success looking the other way
- Plum teacher, held for trial, vows to fight witness intimidation charge
- Santorum announces presidential run ‘where my American story began’
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Central Catholic downs Norwin to win 1st WPIAL baseball title
- Male suspect in custody from New Kensington shooting
- NHL notebook: Bylsma interviews for Sabres’ job