Man shot at apartment building in East Hills dies in hospital
A man who was shot Wednesday evening in Pittsburgh's East Hills neighborhood died in an Oakland hospital.
Derrick Lyman, 24, of the East Hills, died at 6:55 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian, where he was taken following the shooting that occurred about 30 minutes earlier, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Lyman was outside an apartment building along Park Hill Drive when he was shot two or three times, Pittsburgh police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said. Lyman fled into the hallway and collapsed, Herrmann said.
He said police were searching for at least one man who was seen running from the area.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Miami (Fla.) gets prepared to take on ‘physical’ Pitt team
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Kittanning News carries latest books by Boarts and Creel
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ intangibles provide 1st-line value
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- Carrick crime ‘blitz’ shows early signs of success
- Pittsburgh police deliver 2,500 Thanksgiving meals through program