Man shot at apartment building in East Hills dies in hospital
A man who was shot Wednesday evening in Pittsburgh's East Hills neighborhood died in an Oakland hospital.
Derrick Lyman, 24, of the East Hills, died at 6:55 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian, where he was taken following the shooting that occurred about 30 minutes earlier, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Lyman was outside an apartment building along Park Hill Drive when he was shot two or three times, Pittsburgh police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said. Lyman fled into the hallway and collapsed, Herrmann said.
He said police were searching for at least one man who was seen running from the area.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Arrogant media elites mock Middle America
- Steelers release WR Lance Moore
- Just for Giggles, FBI tags along, finds more than sports paraphernalia at Pittsburgh store
- Police charge Beaver County sex offender who snuck into Pittsburgh science center
- Pirates notebook: Hart ‘down a few days’ after cutting foot
- Whistleblower claims Allegheny County’s human services director violated 2003 lawsuit settlement
- Police say teen driver was drinking in Butler ATV crash that killed passenger
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns