Hazelwood section of Heritage Trail to close Monday
A 2-mile section of the Three Rivers Heritage Trail in Hazelwood will close for several months beginning Aug. 5.
The segment of trail connects a trailhead facility at Hazelwood Avenue through the Almono development site, the former LTV Steel property, to the Hot Metal Bridge. The closure is necessary as work begins on the entire Almono site, Friends of the Riverfront said.
Executive Director Thomas Baxter said the group is working with the Regional Industrial Development Corp., managers of the site, to build a safe alternative.
For more information, visit the Trail Status page at www.friendsoftheriverfront.org, keyword “Hazelwood Trail.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne Light workers find decomposing body
- Woman dead in three-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- State overseers reject Mayor Bill Peduto’s 2015 city budget
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- 550 W.Va. coal miners failed drug tests in two years
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe