Hazelwood section of Heritage Trail to close Monday
A 2-mile section of the Three Rivers Heritage Trail in Hazelwood will close for several months beginning Aug. 5.
The segment of trail connects a trailhead facility at Hazelwood Avenue through the Almono development site, the former LTV Steel property, to the Hot Metal Bridge. The closure is necessary as work begins on the entire Almono site, Friends of the Riverfront said.
Executive Director Thomas Baxter said the group is working with the Regional Industrial Development Corp., managers of the site, to build a safe alternative.
For more information, visit the Trail Status page at www.friendsoftheriverfront.org, keyword “Hazelwood Trail.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Harrison rejects criticism of disorderly conduct ordinance
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Carnegie Mellon University picks architect for business school