Hazelwood section of Heritage Trail to close Monday
A 2-mile section of the Three Rivers Heritage Trail in Hazelwood will close for several months beginning Aug. 5.
The segment of trail connects a trailhead facility at Hazelwood Avenue through the Almono development site, the former LTV Steel property, to the Hot Metal Bridge. The closure is necessary as work begins on the entire Almono site, Friends of the Riverfront said.
Executive Director Thomas Baxter said the group is working with the Regional Industrial Development Corp., managers of the site, to build a safe alternative.
For more information, visit the Trail Status page at www.friendsoftheriverfront.org, keyword “Hazelwood Trail.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- South Fayette extends winning streak in dominating fashion
- Brown’s return makes difference for Apollo-Ridge in victory over Shady Side Academy
- Freeport takes chances, cashes in during shutout of Highlands
- Belle Vernon tops Ringgold in battle of unbeatens
- Penn-Trafford QB Laffoon sets career TD pass mark in rout of Hempfield
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.
- Jeannette mom accused of drug sale with kids in car
- Armstrong runs past Greensburg Salem
- Norwin takes control in 2nd half, upends Kiski Area
- Arnold man acquitted in rape case
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field