Mon Incline to remain closed through weekend
The Monongahela Incline in Mt. Washington will continue to be closed this weekend and into Monday, five days longer than originally scheduled, due to state inspections.
A Port Authority spokeswoman said the agency is working with the state Department of Labor and Industry and is in the midst of a new type of inspection.
Port Authority is operating bus shuttles between the incline's upper and lower stations during the closure.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Closer seats don’t sit well with some fliers
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Penn State notebook: Franklin: Nittany Lions’ ‘healthy’ going into Week 2
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- NFL notebook: Broncos WR Welker suspended 4 games
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Pitt football notebook: Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- $1.4B penalty urged in gas blast
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well