Mon Incline to remain closed through weekend
The Monongahela Incline in Mt. Washington will continue to be closed this weekend and into Monday, five days longer than originally scheduled, due to state inspections.
A Port Authority spokeswoman said the agency is working with the state Department of Labor and Industry and is in the midst of a new type of inspection.
Port Authority is operating bus shuttles between the incline's upper and lower stations during the closure.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Rossi: Time to give Pirates owner Nutting his due
- Nothing normal about Steelers’ standard as backups fill vital roles
- Penguins’ prospects could hinge on health of Letang, Maataa
- Westmoreland subsidy that helps finance Spirit Airlines draws scrutiny
- Pirates will play NL wild-card game at PNC Park after shutting out Reds
- Lottery wants volunteer witnesses from Western Pennsylvania
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- Pirates notebook: Huntington weighs whether wild-card round should be expanded
- Pittsburgh Police Department to expand use of body cameras for officers
- Kiski Valley Water Pollution Control Authoroty to charge new sewage customers $510
- Energy efficiency goes mainstream with help of regulations, demand