'Duck Dynasty' star makes surprise appearance at fans' wedding
A Beaver County couple married Saturday during grand opening festivities at the Cranberry Field & Stream.
Mehgan Cook and Charlie Miller, both 26, of White got a surprise after exchanging vows when Willie Robertson, of the reality TV show “Duck Dynasty,” appeared.
The couple arranged to move the wedding to the store after learning Robertson would be there on Saturday, but Cook and Miller didn't know that he would show up at their wedding.
Cook and Miller are fans of “Duck Dynasty,” which chronicles the duck call business of Robertson's family, based out of West Monroe, La. The A&E unscripted reality show returned for its fourth season last week, with 11.8 million viewers tuning in. That was the largest nonseries telecast in cable TV history, according to the network.
Robertson said Cook and Miller, who incorporated camouflage clothing into their wedding gear, were “my kind of folks.”
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 121 tourists stranded on schooner near Statue of Liberty
- Penn State rolls past Massachusetts
- Robinson: Study shows NFL troublemakers don’t get hurt in wallet
- Hill District leaders irked as Penguins submit former Civic Arena site plan to city
- Steelers notebook: Panthers LB Kuechly making an impression
- Play to watch: Inside zone read slant/bubble
- Climate change tops debt as budget threat, feds say
- Pitt notebook: Boyd has breakout performance in loss
- Lending challenges, rehab costs thwart efforts to revitalize
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania