Motorists can expect delays on Route 19 in Cranberry, officials say
Police are warning motorists of heavy delays on Route 19 in Cranberry because of construction and the grand opening of the Field & Stream store.
The combination of the grand opening, which will extend through the weekend, and construction on Route 79 may cause significant backups, township officials said Friday. Cranberry police said there were delays Friday morning, but traffic flow had improved in the afternoon.
Butler County emergency dispatchers also reported heavy traffic and significant delays in the area, including Route 228.
Officials are telling motorists to avoid Route 19 between Rochester and Freeport roads.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Pittsburgh police doubling up on duty after potential threats
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Search for Duquesne University graduate Kochu continues
- Old-school booksellers learn to survive, thrive in digital age