Police make arrest in fatal Leetsdale hit and run
Allegheny County Police charged a Moon man in connection with a fatal hit-and-run incident Sunday morning along Route 65 in Leetsdale.
Shontelle Harvey, 41, was arrested for homicide by vehicle, driving under the influence and other charges in connection with the death of Charles Britt, 67, of Penn Hills about 3 a.m. He was awaiting arraignment at the county jail.
Leetsdale police officers responding to a report of a pedestrian struck by a vehicle found Britt's car stopped on the berm of the southbound lanes with four female passengers yelling for police. Britt was dead on the berm.
Witnesses described the suspect's vehicle as a white Lincoln SUV. Around that time, Sewickley police encountered Harvey driving a white Lincoln Navigator with heavy damage to its front and fender. A police affidavit said Harvey told police he had been drinking and noticed he'd struck something but didn't want to stop because he was already on probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Pittsburgh City Council President officially cited for dumping trash on steps of South Side business
- Richland man sues over injuries suffered as bystander to police chase
- Police arrest 14-year-old in connection to bomb threats phoned in to South Hills schools
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Duquesne Light workers find decomposing body
- Rape charges dropped against NY man, statute of limitations expired
- Parkway West ramps to be closed at Carnegie
- Unpaid August Wilson creditors seek help from judge