Police make arrest in fatal Leetsdale hit and run
Allegheny County Police charged a Moon man in connection with a fatal hit-and-run incident Sunday morning along Route 65 in Leetsdale.
Shontelle Harvey, 41, was arrested for homicide by vehicle, driving under the influence and other charges in connection with the death of Charles Britt, 67, of Penn Hills about 3 a.m. He was awaiting arraignment at the county jail.
Leetsdale police officers responding to a report of a pedestrian struck by a vehicle found Britt's car stopped on the berm of the southbound lanes with four female passengers yelling for police. Britt was dead on the berm.
Witnesses described the suspect's vehicle as a white Lincoln SUV. Around that time, Sewickley police encountered Harvey driving a white Lincoln Navigator with heavy damage to its front and fender. A police affidavit said Harvey told police he had been drinking and noticed he'd struck something but didn't want to stop because he was already on probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins rebound with shutout of Predators
- Real estate notes: Hotel going up in Chippewa; CSX honored
- Pirates must weigh risk, reward in attempt to sign Martin
- Pa. Supreme Court in ‘sad state’ as scandals tarnish reputation
- Experience ‘Faces and Voices’
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots
- Starkey: Chryst missed his only shot
- Penn State succumbs to No. 13 Ohio State in double overtime
- ‘Gray Mountain’ won’t disappoint Grisham fans
- Butler County Historical Society acquires 1928 Austin C Cab Van
- Penguins’ Crosby OK with Neal comments about trade