Police make arrest in fatal Leetsdale hit and run
Allegheny County Police charged a Moon man in connection with a fatal hit-and-run incident Sunday morning along Route 65 in Leetsdale.
Shontelle Harvey, 41, was arrested for homicide by vehicle, driving under the influence and other charges in connection with the death of Charles Britt, 67, of Penn Hills about 3 a.m. He was awaiting arraignment at the county jail.
Leetsdale police officers responding to a report of a pedestrian struck by a vehicle found Britt's car stopped on the berm of the southbound lanes with four female passengers yelling for police. Britt was dead on the berm.
Witnesses described the suspect's vehicle as a white Lincoln SUV. Around that time, Sewickley police encountered Harvey driving a white Lincoln Navigator with heavy damage to its front and fender. A police affidavit said Harvey told police he had been drinking and noticed he'd struck something but didn't want to stop because he was already on probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Spokesman for India’s PM tells Pitt audience of pro-business agenda
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Retirement planning is about more than just money
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- WVU assistant Bradley can relate to Jayhawks interim coach
- Hotel still a possibility for August Wilson Center
- NK grocery store robbed
- North Belle Vernon gets tough on storm water
- Program helping Armstrong jail inmates earn GED diplomas
- WCVI owner: Building not that bad
- York Avenue Bridge could remain 1 lane for 3-5 years