1 dead in 3-vehicle crash in Collier
A woman was killed Monday afternoon in a three-vehicle crash in the southbound lanes of Interstate 79 at the Carnegie on-ramp in Collier.
She was identified as Mary Jean Contaldo, 69, of Carnegie, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Contaldo was the only person injured in the crash, which occurred at 2:43 p.m. when she lost control of her car while rounding a curve along the on-ramp, state police Trooper Robin Mungo said.
A box truck driven by Kim Jin-Bok Felberbauer, 28, of Columbus, Ohio, struck the driver's side of Contaldo's vehicle, which was facing east in the southbound lanes, Mungo said. The truck then collided with a GetGo gas trailer driven by Robert Ferry, 49, of Imperial, who was traveling south in the middle lane, Mungo said.
Traffic was snarled for more than two hours because of the wreck.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Nor’easter causing flight delays at Pittsburgh International
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Lawyers agree to dismiss Penn Hills High School student lawsuit
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Review: ‘Newsies’ a great addition to musical standards
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation