1 dead in 3-vehicle crash in Collier
A woman was killed Monday afternoon in a three-vehicle crash in the southbound lanes of Interstate 79 at the Carnegie on-ramp in Collier.
She was identified as Mary Jean Contaldo, 69, of Carnegie, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Contaldo was the only person injured in the crash, which occurred at 2:43 p.m. when she lost control of her car while rounding a curve along the on-ramp, state police Trooper Robin Mungo said.
A box truck driven by Kim Jin-Bok Felberbauer, 28, of Columbus, Ohio, struck the driver's side of Contaldo's vehicle, which was facing east in the southbound lanes, Mungo said. The truck then collided with a GetGo gas trailer driven by Robert Ferry, 49, of Imperial, who was traveling south in the middle lane, Mungo said.
Traffic was snarled for more than two hours because of the wreck.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies after jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut by Pirates
- Rolling Stones roll into Heinz Field June 20
- Former Pa. Gov. Corbett: From pension critic to collector
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- 350-pound black bear briefly stuck between Uniontown buildings is relocated
- Vietnam vets event at Tarentum VFW brings ‘brothers’ back together
- Five is enough for Penguins’ defensemen
- Commonwealth Court ruling upholds Braddock mayor’s vote
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill