Pittsburgh to open cooling centers Wednesday
Pittsburgh's Greenfield, Homewood, Sheraden, and South Side Healthy Active Living Centers will be open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday for seniors needing relief from the heat.
The National Weather Service projects the high temperature at 86, but the city opens “cooling stations” when there is a possibility of the heat index — a measure of how it feels — reaching 90 degrees.
Refreshments and activities will be provided. For more information, call Citiparks at 412-422-6405.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE
- Prison sentence extended for New Kensington man
- ‘Action’ against AG Kane sent to Supreme Court, sources say
- Nazi ‘gold train’ evidence mounts
- Trib Total Media puts 9 Western Pa. newspapers up for sale
- Overnight closures, lane restrictions announced for Fort Pitt Tunnel, Parkway West
- Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions
- Trafford man sentenced for sex with teen
- Court orders new trials for Pittsburgh cop who allegedly fell in love with drug-addicted prostitute
- Man flees Monroeville bank holdup with cash