Pittsburgh to open cooling centers Wednesday
Pittsburgh's Greenfield, Homewood, Sheraden, and South Side Healthy Active Living Centers will be open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday for seniors needing relief from the heat.
The National Weather Service projects the high temperature at 86, but the city opens “cooling stations” when there is a possibility of the heat index — a measure of how it feels — reaching 90 degrees.
Refreshments and activities will be provided. For more information, call Citiparks at 412-422-6405.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- East Allegheny teachers to hit the picket lines
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Flexible-use building in the works for Duquesne
- Homestead to celebrate one of its own at jazz festival
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office