Pittsburgh to open cooling centers Wednesday
Pittsburgh's Greenfield, Homewood, Sheraden, and South Side Healthy Active Living Centers will be open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday for seniors needing relief from the heat.
The National Weather Service projects the high temperature at 86, but the city opens “cooling stations” when there is a possibility of the heat index — a measure of how it feels — reaching 90 degrees.
Refreshments and activities will be provided. For more information, call Citiparks at 412-422-6405.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Paterno son, another ex-football assistant coach suing PSU
- Federal appeals courts disagree on Obamacare subsidies
- Wolf says he’ll work with state legislature to deal with pension woes
- Pittsburgh officer honored for saving baby’s life
- Mt. Lebanon lineman Hoffman commits to Penn
- Officials to limit tailgating before Jason Aldean concert at PNC Park
- Authorities seek help to ID man who left suspicious package on county executive’s car
- Former Heinz Endowments director to head Allegheny County Parks Foundation
- Pittsburgh mayor promotes 3 officers, 2 firefighters
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key