New Castle man was worker killed in Mercer County explosion
The worker who was killed in an industrial accident in Mercer County was identified Tuesday as Brian Krauss, 37, of New Castle, the coroner said.
Krauss died of head and pelvic injuries sustained when a fuel storage tank exploded shortly before 5:30 p.m. Monday at the Brownies Bulk Plant in the Reynolds Industrial Park in Pymantuning Township, southwest of Greenville, said Coroner J. Bradley McGonigle III.
Kraus was on an elevated walkway when he was thrown to the ground by the force of the explosion, McGonigle said.
State and federal officials are still trying to determine the cause of the explosion.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Leechburg Road to reopen after two-vehicle accident
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary police officer, Monday morning
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Nor’easter threatens Northeast with up to 2 feet of snow
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Paranormal investigators coming to Ford City library
- Linemen commit to PSU, boosting Franklin’s recruiting class
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- LaBar: Like it or not, Reigns is rising with Royal Rumble win