Commission seeks input on new street grid in Lower Hill District
The Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission is seeking input on plans to develop three new streets and rebuild four others on the site of the former Civic Arena.
The SPC, a 10-county planning agency, will accept public comments on the proposed project at 6 p.m. Tuesday on the fourth floor of Two Chatham Center, 112 Washington Place, Uptown. People may also submit written comments through Sept. 11 to Two Chatham Center, Suite 500, 112 Washington Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
The Sports & Exhibition Authority is seeking a federal grant of up to $18.7 million for the $33 million project, said Mary Conturo, the authority's executive director. It has secured $15 million from the state's Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program. The SPC would need to amend its long-range transportation plans to serve as a pass-through agency for the federal funding.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Clairton students reference positive ‘Frozen’-themed lessons
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Pitt offensive coordinator Rudolph still focused on Panthers
- Elizabeth Forward marks 35th year of senior holiday breakfast
- McKeesport Area fourth-grader thrilled with gift from White Oak Lions Club
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers