Commission seeks input on new street grid in Lower Hill District
The Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission is seeking input on plans to develop three new streets and rebuild four others on the site of the former Civic Arena.
The SPC, a 10-county planning agency, will accept public comments on the proposed project at 6 p.m. Tuesday on the fourth floor of Two Chatham Center, 112 Washington Place, Uptown. People may also submit written comments through Sept. 11 to Two Chatham Center, Suite 500, 112 Washington Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
The Sports & Exhibition Authority is seeking a federal grant of up to $18.7 million for the $33 million project, said Mary Conturo, the authority's executive director. It has secured $15 million from the state's Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program. The SPC would need to amend its long-range transportation plans to serve as a pass-through agency for the federal funding.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Kittanning man the third sentenced in St. Patrick’s Day fatal beating
- Newest union plans picket outside ACMH Hospital in East Franklin
- West Kittanning still wrestling with whether to fix or replace patrol car
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world
- Roundup: AEO promotes two executives to lead brands; Target plans $2b in cost-cutting moves; more
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 8, Blue Jays 7
- Penguins notebook: Team exercising caution with Ehrhoff’s return from concussion
- Speeds restricted as PA Turnpike under weather emergency