Commission seeks input on new street grid in Lower Hill District
The Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission is seeking input on plans to develop three new streets and rebuild four others on the site of the former Civic Arena.
The SPC, a 10-county planning agency, will accept public comments on the proposed project at 6 p.m. Tuesday on the fourth floor of Two Chatham Center, 112 Washington Place, Uptown. People may also submit written comments through Sept. 11 to Two Chatham Center, Suite 500, 112 Washington Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
The Sports & Exhibition Authority is seeking a federal grant of up to $18.7 million for the $33 million project, said Mary Conturo, the authority's executive director. It has secured $15 million from the state's Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program. The SPC would need to amend its long-range transportation plans to serve as a pass-through agency for the federal funding.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Philadelphia murder suspect nabbed in Braddock
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- State Supreme Court concludes hearing on UPMC-Highmark Medicare case
- Fans out in force to rally for beloved Bucs
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Photos: Pets receive blessings at Sewickley church
- Eat’n Park sells Cura division that serves hospitals and senior living
- Starkey: Searage, Pirates ultra-confident