Commission seeks input on new street grid in Lower Hill District
The Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission is seeking input on plans to develop three new streets and rebuild four others on the site of the former Civic Arena.
The SPC, a 10-county planning agency, will accept public comments on the proposed project at 6 p.m. Tuesday on the fourth floor of Two Chatham Center, 112 Washington Place, Uptown. People may also submit written comments through Sept. 11 to Two Chatham Center, Suite 500, 112 Washington Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
The Sports & Exhibition Authority is seeking a federal grant of up to $18.7 million for the $33 million project, said Mary Conturo, the authority's executive director. It has secured $15 million from the state's Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program. The SPC would need to amend its long-range transportation plans to serve as a pass-through agency for the federal funding.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Nor’easter threatens Northeast with up to 2 feet of snow
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Linemen commit to PSU, boosting Franklin’s recruiting class
- Spokesman: Secret Service recovers ‘device’ at White House
- Vets study links PB pills, genetic variations to Gulf War illness
- 1 of 2 killed in Marine chopper crash was from Indiana, Pa.
- Central Catholic’s Petrishen says he enjoys hectic recruiting process