Neville man accused in robbery, carjacking of Ocean City taxi driver
A Neville man was arrested in Maryland on charges of robbing and carjacking a taxi driver in Ocean City.
Edward Keim, 36, was arrested Saturday after being accused of grabbing a taxi driver by the throat, brandishing a knife and threatening him, Ocean City police said.
The driver told police that the incident occurred shortly after he picked up Keim on 49th Street. The driver said he was able to stop the taxi on 91st Street and flee. Keim then got into the driver's seat and drove north along Coastal Highway, police said. An off-duty police officer from Clarkson, N.Y., picked up the taxi driver and followed Keim.
Keim stopped the taxi in the area of 118th Street and ran toward the beach, police said. Officers found him in the surf along the beach at 119th Street, pulled him from the water and took him into custody, police said.
He was seen by a Maryland District Court Commissioner and transferred to the Worcester County jail on $100,000 bond, police said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Officials identify man, woman killed in apparent Oakland murder-suicide
- Fayette coroner’s office at scene of truck-car crash on Route 51
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Porch roof collapses in Pitcairn
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- Somerset County man dies in mine accident
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors