Masked men rob Shaler bank
There were no injuries in a bank robbery Wednesday at the Allegheny Valley Bank on Mount Royal Boulevard in Shaler.
Two masked men, both wearing gloves and at least one of them brandishing a weapon, entered through the rear of the bank shortly after 10 a.m. and ordered everyone to the floor, Shaler police said. One of the men then vaulted the teller cage and retrieved cash from the teller drawers, police said.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the area at the time is asked to contact Shaler police at 412-492-2222.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Space tourism rocket explodes, killing one person aboard
- Butler County man sentenced to 9 years for child pornography
- Attorney General Kane injured in auto accident
- Foundations’ deal to buy August Wilson Center could be in jeopardy
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- 2 adults charged in ATV crash that killed 4-year-old Somerset girl
- Pa. trooper ambush suspect Frein in court after long manhunt
- Fingerprint expert says defendant’s prints were on cyanide bottle
- Economy woman sentenced to 15 months for Medicare fraud
- Charges withdrawn against Fayette parents accused of keeping dead dog
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled