Masked men rob Shaler bank
There were no injuries in a bank robbery Wednesday at the Allegheny Valley Bank on Mount Royal Boulevard in Shaler.
Two masked men, both wearing gloves and at least one of them brandishing a weapon, entered through the rear of the bank shortly after 10 a.m. and ordered everyone to the floor, Shaler police said. One of the men then vaulted the teller cage and retrieved cash from the teller drawers, police said.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the area at the time is asked to contact Shaler police at 412-492-2222.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- McCutchen, Pirates cruise to interleague victory over Twins
- Man arrested in Marshall-Shadeland barbershop killing
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Steelers’ Bell unsure why NFL reduced his suspension
- Beaver County widow won’t lose home over $6.30 late fee
- Extremes in weather hurt crops in Westmoreland
- United Airlines hack coincided with incursion into government employee data