Duquesne Light warns of scam against customers
Duquesne Light warned Friday that a scam is targeting some of its customers.
The utility said customers have received phone calls from people claiming to Duquesne Light representatives. The callers demand payment over the phone by credit card or prepaid debit card, and assert that service will be terminated immediately for failure to do so.
Duquesne Light said it never demands payment over the phone. It asks customers to get as much information from the caller as possible and call local police and then customer service at 1-888-393-7100.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Shazier sits, Justin Brown inactive vs. Texans
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Discipline Pitt’s only optionagainst Georgia Tech
- Mars Area superintendent resigns after short tenure
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Penguins notebook: Johnston blends music, practice for local students
- Bomb threat prompts search at Norwin High School
- Deepening U.S. commitment to Kobani ties Obama’s Islamic State effort to Kurds’ fate
- Indiana slaying suspect hints at more deaths
- Police arrest 14-year-old in connection to bomb threats phoned in to South Hills schools