Duquesne Light warns of scam against customers
Duquesne Light warned Friday that a scam is targeting some of its customers.
The utility said customers have received phone calls from people claiming to Duquesne Light representatives. The callers demand payment over the phone by credit card or prepaid debit card, and assert that service will be terminated immediately for failure to do so.
Duquesne Light said it never demands payment over the phone. It asks customers to get as much information from the caller as possible and call local police and then customer service at 1-888-393-7100.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Police officer in Fayette County charged in apparent domestic dispute
- Baldwin native McNulty’s storied legal career leads to Grove City post
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting