Pagan motorcycle club member pleads no contest in shooting death
By Adam Brandolph
Published: Friday, Aug. 30, 2013, 1:54 p.m.
A member of the Pagans motorcycle club pleaded no contest Friday to involuntary manslaughter in connection with the shooting death of a man outside a North Versailles bar.
Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Philip A. Ignelzi sentenced Kevin J. Doolin, 47, of Sheraden to 18 to 36 months in jail and two years on probation.
Police charged Doolin with the March 12, 2009, shooting death of Albert Kolano, 33, of Elliott outside the Longview Lounge in North Versailles. Police said Kolano had a confrontation with several members of the Pagans at the bar, and was shot as he was attempting to leave the parking lot.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office said Doolin will likely spend about two more months in the Allegheny County Jail since Ignelzi gave him credit for 1,019 days already served.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal N.H. crash
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Wilkinsburg woman, 24, dies in crash
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- Heyl: Even crooks know UPMC’s full of it
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder