Pagan motorcycle club member pleads no contest in shooting death
A member of the Pagans motorcycle club pleaded no contest Friday to involuntary manslaughter in connection with the shooting death of a man outside a North Versailles bar.
Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Philip A. Ignelzi sentenced Kevin J. Doolin, 47, of Sheraden to 18 to 36 months in jail and two years on probation.
Police charged Doolin with the March 12, 2009, shooting death of Albert Kolano, 33, of Elliott outside the Longview Lounge in North Versailles. Police said Kolano had a confrontation with several members of the Pagans at the bar, and was shot as he was attempting to leave the parking lot.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office said Doolin will likely spend about two more months in the Allegheny County Jail since Ignelzi gave him credit for 1,019 days already served.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Pirates’ Polanco runs into rookie wall
- Pirates edge Reds, 3-2, for 4th consecutive victory
- Pilot in Atlantic Ocean crash lost consciousness, Coast Guard says
- Biertempfel: First base becoming new hot corner for Pirates
- Pitt cruises past Delaware in season opener
- Pitt notebook: Offensive linemen rotate during rout over Delaware
- 3 wrecks Saturday keep emergency responders busy
- Real American excellence
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires