Pagan motorcycle club member pleads no contest in shooting death
A member of the Pagans motorcycle club pleaded no contest Friday to involuntary manslaughter in connection with the shooting death of a man outside a North Versailles bar.
Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Philip A. Ignelzi sentenced Kevin J. Doolin, 47, of Sheraden to 18 to 36 months in jail and two years on probation.
Police charged Doolin with the March 12, 2009, shooting death of Albert Kolano, 33, of Elliott outside the Longview Lounge in North Versailles. Police said Kolano had a confrontation with several members of the Pagans at the bar, and was shot as he was attempting to leave the parking lot.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office said Doolin will likely spend about two more months in the Allegheny County Jail since Ignelzi gave him credit for 1,019 days already served.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates add six players to roster, including OF Polanco
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Harmony man facing charges in fatal crash
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Former Dormont businessman avoids jail for wire fraud
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- East Allegheny negotiator responds to proposal from striking teachers
- Study to look at financial impact of state’s gas boom