Pagan motorcycle club member pleads no contest in shooting death
A member of the Pagans motorcycle club pleaded no contest Friday to involuntary manslaughter in connection with the shooting death of a man outside a North Versailles bar.
Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Philip A. Ignelzi sentenced Kevin J. Doolin, 47, of Sheraden to 18 to 36 months in jail and two years on probation.
Police charged Doolin with the March 12, 2009, shooting death of Albert Kolano, 33, of Elliott outside the Longview Lounge in North Versailles. Police said Kolano had a confrontation with several members of the Pagans at the bar, and was shot as he was attempting to leave the parking lot.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office said Doolin will likely spend about two more months in the Allegheny County Jail since Ignelzi gave him credit for 1,019 days already served.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- Lower gas prices entice motorists to drive long distances for Thanksgiving
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Suspect in Route 28 death has long history of ignoring vehicle registration, license laws, records show