Penn Hills man dies days after being shot in Homewood
A man injured in a shooting in Homewood last week died at a hospital Wednesday night.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as William Scott, 24, of Penn Hills. He died at about 9:30 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian.
Pittsburgh police believe someone crept out of weeds on a lot at Frankstown and North Lang avenues and fired on Scott as he sat in the driver's seat of a parked rental car about 12:20 a.m. Aug. 27. Scott crawled to the nearby 2nd Time Around bar, where patrons called 911, police said.
Following surgery, doctors had upgraded his condition to stable.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- Rockies’ 7-run 7th-inning dooms Pirates in 8-1 loss
- Phony physician wanted in Fayette also sought in Nebraska
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Medical Examiner’s office responding to report of deceased East Hills 1-month-old
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Police investigating Lawrence County convenience store robbery
- Pirates notebook: Cole to make rehab start at Indianapolis on Monday
- U.S. evacuates embassy in Libya amid clashes