Penn Hills man dies days after being shot in Homewood
A man injured in a shooting in Homewood last week died at a hospital Wednesday night.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as William Scott, 24, of Penn Hills. He died at about 9:30 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian.
Pittsburgh police believe someone crept out of weeds on a lot at Frankstown and North Lang avenues and fired on Scott as he sat in the driver's seat of a parked rental car about 12:20 a.m. Aug. 27. Scott crawled to the nearby 2nd Time Around bar, where patrons called 911, police said.
Following surgery, doctors had upgraded his condition to stable.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Rutherford hits jackpot with Kessel
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Penguins notebook: Rutherford proves savvy in deal
- Penguins get their man in making trade with Toronto for Kessel
- 2B Walker, Pirates smash through Tigers pitching in road victory
- Pirates notebook: Cole cool about hostile comment
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Expect drawn-out state budget impasse, Pa. political analysts say
- New Kensington residents rally in support of 82-year-old robbery victim
- Judge revokes bail for Plum High School teacher
- FBI searching for Homestead man indicted for sex trafficking in children