Penn Hills man dies days after being shot in Homewood
A man injured in a shooting in Homewood last week died at a hospital Wednesday night.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as William Scott, 24, of Penn Hills. He died at about 9:30 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian.
Pittsburgh police believe someone crept out of weeds on a lot at Frankstown and North Lang avenues and fired on Scott as he sat in the driver's seat of a parked rental car about 12:20 a.m. Aug. 27. Scott crawled to the nearby 2nd Time Around bar, where patrons called 911, police said.
Following surgery, doctors had upgraded his condition to stable.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday