Penn Hills man dies days after being shot in Homewood
A man injured in a shooting in Homewood last week died at a hospital Wednesday night.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as William Scott, 24, of Penn Hills. He died at about 9:30 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian.
Pittsburgh police believe someone crept out of weeds on a lot at Frankstown and North Lang avenues and fired on Scott as he sat in the driver's seat of a parked rental car about 12:20 a.m. Aug. 27. Scott crawled to the nearby 2nd Time Around bar, where patrons called 911, police said.
Following surgery, doctors had upgraded his condition to stable.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Panthers still clinging to hope entering home finale
- Gorman: Indiana has its ‘Hoosiers’
- 10th DUI earns Uptown man 1st prison sentence
- Southmoreland, Mt. Pleasant wrestlers look forward to states
- Burrell’s Beattie taking final shot at PIAA title
- Mt. Lebanon senior Stout has legacy that links to Kurt Angle
- Pitt’s Wright excelling in classroom
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review athletes of the week: South Fayette’s Mike Carr, Blackhawk’s Courtney Vannoy
- Pitt’s McConnell-Serio nominated for Naismith award