Man involuntarily committed after harassment report at Collier gym
Collier police responded to a report of harassment involving a male patron Thursday morning at the LA Fitness gym in Collier.
Chief Thomas Devin said no criminal charges have been filed, but police received an involuntary mental health commitment for the man, who is not being identified. He is being evaluated at a local hospital.
Devin said the investigation is ongoing.
The gym, located in the Great Southern Shopping Center on Washington Pike, was the site of a 2009 mass shooting that left four dead, including the shooter, George Sodini, 48. Nine others were injured.
Add Megan Guza to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- 4 ejections, benches-clearing scrum mark Pirates’ win over Reds
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Pa. breeding ground for corruption, experts say
- Pirates notebook: Burnett says ‘surgery is not an option’
- Blairsville man killed in single-vehicle crash in Derry
- Actress Dushku displaced from Pittsburgh hotel by One Direction
- Coal miner Alpha Natural Resources files for bankruptcy