Man involuntarily committed after harassment report at Collier gym
Collier police responded to a report of harassment involving a male patron Thursday morning at the LA Fitness gym in Collier.
Chief Thomas Devin said no criminal charges have been filed, but police received an involuntary mental health commitment for the man, who is not being identified. He is being evaluated at a local hospital.
Devin said the investigation is ongoing.
The gym, located in the Great Southern Shopping Center on Washington Pike, was the site of a 2009 mass shooting that left four dead, including the shooter, George Sodini, 48. Nine others were injured.
Add Megan Guza to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- East Allegheny teachers to hit the picket lines
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Homestead to celebrate one of its own at jazz festival
- Flexible-use building in the works for Duquesne
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense