Man involuntarily committed after harassment report at Collier gym
Collier police responded to a report of harassment involving a male patron Thursday morning at the LA Fitness gym in Collier.
Chief Thomas Devin said no criminal charges have been filed, but police received an involuntary mental health commitment for the man, who is not being identified. He is being evaluated at a local hospital.
Devin said the investigation is ongoing.
The gym, located in the Great Southern Shopping Center on Washington Pike, was the site of a 2009 mass shooting that left four dead, including the shooter, George Sodini, 48. Nine others were injured.
Add Megan Guza to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Distracted Steelers show nothing in loss to Eagles
- Scientists hope tiny robotic bee’s big dreams take flight
- NFL could delay punishment
- LaBar: Hulk Hogan wants to fight Brock Lesnar?
- Google Maps opens business doors to online views for shoppers
- Friday’s scouting report: Pirates at Brewers
- Will soft foes mean fast start to the season for Pitt football team?
- Statistically speaking: Pirates, Brewers possess strengths up the middle
- Few homeowners expected to benefit from Bank of America’s $16.65B settlement
- Woman accused of hitting trooper in East Franklin cemetery
- Pitcairn police department 1st in Western Pennsylvania to carry Narcan for heroin overdoses