2nd Sewickley woman identified in I-79 crash that killed 3 in Mercer County
State police Saturday identified a Sewickley woman as the third person killed in a two-vehicle crash Friday on I-79 in Mercer County.
State police said Mary G. Carmody, 44, of Sewickley, was a passenger in a vehicle driven by Susan L. Thomas, 54, also of Sewickley.
Police said both women were killed when their vehicle was struck head on by another driven by Robert J. Neubert II, 62, of Amherst, N.Y. Police said Neubert was driving south when he lost control of his vehicle and it crossed the median into the northbound lanes, colliding with Thomas' vehicle around 5:45 p.m.
Mercer County deputy coroner Robert Snyder pronounced both women dead at the scene. Neubert died at UPMC Horizon Greenville hospital.
Police said they are not sure why Neubert's vehicle crossed the highway.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy TV’s odds
- Districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- NFL notebook: Rams leave Sam off practice squad
- MLB notebook: Astros fire manager amid dismal season
- Bike lane work to affect Penn Avenue in Pittsburgh
- East Allegheny teachers set to strike on Tuesday
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Surveillance video in Wal-Mart police killing sought
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade