PennDOT to host meeting on Hulton Bridge replacement project
PennDOT is hosting a public meeting Thursday at Riverview Junior-Senior High School to provide information on the Hulton Bridge replacement project.
Officials plan to discuss work schedules and traffic impacts during the construction of the new bridge.
The meeting is scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m. Riverview Junior-Senior High School is at 100 Hulton Road in Oakmont.
The $65 million project replaces the 105-year-old bridge with a four-lane structure. The new bridge will be 1,600 feet long and will be upstream from the existing bridge. The project calls for reconstruction of approximately 1,300 feet of Freeport Road and 550 feet of Hulton Road, traffic signal and lighting upgrades, and curb and sidewalk improvements.
PennDOT says the project is expected to start by the end of the month.
Motorists will be able to use the current bridge while the new one is built.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Martin’s homer rescues Pirates in 4-2 victory over Brewers
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Inside the glass: Johnston’s opening practice grueling
- Sears to close store at Century III Mall in West Mifflin
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Police, bloodhound team locate former athletic director, Greensburg official
- Finally healthy, Letang looking to make his presence felt as a leader
- High school roundup: No. 9 North Allegheny takes down Upper St. Clair
- Orders for Pittsburgh police hats soar with new uniform policy
- City’s plan for Strip flummoxes vendors
- Pitt meets Iowa’s muscle