PennDOT to host meeting on Hulton Bridge replacement project
PennDOT is hosting a public meeting Thursday at Riverview Junior-Senior High School to provide information on the Hulton Bridge replacement project.
Officials plan to discuss work schedules and traffic impacts during the construction of the new bridge.
The meeting is scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m. Riverview Junior-Senior High School is at 100 Hulton Road in Oakmont.
The $65 million project replaces the 105-year-old bridge with a four-lane structure. The new bridge will be 1,600 feet long and will be upstream from the existing bridge. The project calls for reconstruction of approximately 1,300 feet of Freeport Road and 550 feet of Hulton Road, traffic signal and lighting upgrades, and curb and sidewalk improvements.
PennDOT says the project is expected to start by the end of the month.
Motorists will be able to use the current bridge while the new one is built.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade for Toronto’s Kessel; lose Martin, Comeau via free agency
- Pitt’s Boyd waives right to preliminary hearing
- Dragon boat competition canceled at Three Rivers Regatta
- FBI searching for Homestead man indicted for sex trafficking in children
- Second Pa. friar commits suicide from order under investigation in sex abuse scandal
- Steelers submit application to host Super Bowl
- Judge revokes bail for Plum High School teacher
- Marinucci sentenced to life in prison with no parole
- Hill District widow sues dialysis clinic for husband’s death
- Donora-Webster Bridge plunges into Mon River after 106 years
- In historic vote, Legislature approves bill selling state liquor stores