PennDOT to host meeting on Hulton Bridge replacement project
PennDOT is hosting a public meeting Thursday at Riverview Junior-Senior High School to provide information on the Hulton Bridge replacement project.
Officials plan to discuss work schedules and traffic impacts during the construction of the new bridge.
The meeting is scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m. Riverview Junior-Senior High School is at 100 Hulton Road in Oakmont.
The $65 million project replaces the 105-year-old bridge with a four-lane structure. The new bridge will be 1,600 feet long and will be upstream from the existing bridge. The project calls for reconstruction of approximately 1,300 feet of Freeport Road and 550 feet of Hulton Road, traffic signal and lighting upgrades, and curb and sidewalk improvements.
PennDOT says the project is expected to start by the end of the month.
Motorists will be able to use the current bridge while the new one is built.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Inching closer to return, Pitt’s Wright could boost defense
- LaBar: Timing perfect for Sting’s debut at WWE’s Survivor Series
- Arziona’s Miller gets boost from Char Valley grad’s play
- CT scans can find smokers’ lung cancer early
- Two-alarm fire reported in Swissvale
- Stretch of Route 56 to close
- East Allegheny girls basketball team embraces new outlook