PennDOT to host meeting on Hulton Bridge replacement project
PennDOT is hosting a public meeting Thursday at Riverview Junior-Senior High School to provide information on the Hulton Bridge replacement project.
Officials plan to discuss work schedules and traffic impacts during the construction of the new bridge.
The meeting is scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m. Riverview Junior-Senior High School is at 100 Hulton Road in Oakmont.
The $65 million project replaces the 105-year-old bridge with a four-lane structure. The new bridge will be 1,600 feet long and will be upstream from the existing bridge. The project calls for reconstruction of approximately 1,300 feet of Freeport Road and 550 feet of Hulton Road, traffic signal and lighting upgrades, and curb and sidewalk improvements.
PennDOT says the project is expected to start by the end of the month.
Motorists will be able to use the current bridge while the new one is built.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Customers rarely utilize right to cancel a contract
- Freeport falls prey to Montour firepower
- Monessen police break up fight