Passenger traffic dips at Pittsburgh International Airport
Passenger traffic at Pittsburgh International Airport dropped 1.9 percent in June compared to June 2012, the Allegheny County Airport Authority said Tuesday.
Pittsburgh had 725,944 passengers in June, down from 740,113 passengers in June 2012, authority data show. Airport traffic dipped in 10 of the past 12 months reported, data show.
Two airlines reported monthly passenger gains, led by AirTran Airways, which had a 20.1 percent jump in passengers year-to-year. United Airlines also reported a modest 1.9 percent increase.
Pittsburgh had almost 3.9 million passengers combined in the first six months of the year, down 1.8 percent from the same period a year ago.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-320-7847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Locke gets rocked as Pirates are knocked off by Diamondbacks
- Fire victim’s ex-boyfriend jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Two cars strike horse near Fayette fair
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- 90-degree weather took vacation from Western Pa. in July
- Food a big draw for Festa Italiana lovers in New Kensington
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Longtime Lernerville driver branches out into new car, tracks
- Vendors at the heart of annual folk festival in Kittanning