South Huntingdon man dies in tractor accident
A South Huntingdon man was killed Tuesday in a tractor accident.
Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Sean Hribal identified the victim as Lewis McIntyre, 78, of 197 McCune Road.
Hribal said the victim died of multiple traumatic injuries he sustained in a tractor rollover. Hribal pronounced him dead at the scene at 4:50 p.m.
The Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety reported that the accident occurred just after 3:30 p.m. in a field along McCune Road.
The Westmoreland County Coroners office ruled McIntyre's death an accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Alamo named as World Heritage site by United Nations
- Apple Hill Playhouse takes on an updated ‘Snow White’
- Count of Three Rivers Regatta visitors could top 500K despite race ban
- Westmoreland Cultural Trust moves to next phase of Palace capital campaign
- Westmoreland County on pace to surpass record for drug-related fatalities
- New Derry to celebrate its 200th birthday
- Allegheny County Council aims to dig out of hole
- LaBar: Live WWE show in Japan opens opportunities
- Starkey: Bring back the Brawl!
- Pennsylvania’s ‘Grand Canyon’ offers something for everyone
- Bookings for August Wilson Center climb, but permanent board yet to be set