Two companies submit proposals to Dormont for new transit-oriented development
Two companies submitted proposals Friday to Dormont borough for a transit-oriented development between West Liberty Avenue and the Dormont Junction T station.
Dormont acquired the property earlier this year when it traded another parcel to #1 Cochran for the land. The swap cleared the way for a new car dealership for Cochran and room for a development project for the borough.
Trek Development and Fore Property Co. submitted proposals to the borough. Dormont and the Port Authority were seeking proposals for a mixed-use site that could include additional park-and-ride spaces.
Borough officials said they plan to include tax-increment-financing as part of the deal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reds send right-hander Leake to Giants for 2 prospects
- Pirates’ Burnett endures another poor start in blowout loss to Reds
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed, dangerous homicide suspect
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- 44th Folk Festival off to bustling start in Kittanning
- Paradise Park Rib Fest reviving legendary stage in Cowansville
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Southmoreland School director named
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Facebook ready to test giant drone
- Winfield supervisors OK natural gas-drilling regulations