Two companies submit proposals to Dormont for new transit-oriented development
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Friday, Sept. 13, 2013, 5:18 p.m.
Two companies submitted proposals Friday to Dormont borough for a transit-oriented development between West Liberty Avenue and the Dormont Junction T station.
Dormont acquired the property earlier this year when it traded another parcel to #1 Cochran for the land. The swap cleared the way for a new car dealership for Cochran and room for a development project for the borough.
Trek Development and Fore Property Co. submitted proposals to the borough. Dormont and the Port Authority were seeking proposals for a mixed-use site that could include additional park-and-ride spaces.
Borough officials said they plan to include tax-increment-financing as part of the deal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kovacevic: Panic over Pirates? In April? Why?
- Patience pays off as starting pitcher Volquez gets 1st win for Pirates
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- Plum native Umberger inching closer to making return for Blue Jackets
- Panthers pulling weight for new strength coach
- 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Armstrong County crash
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Pirates should exploit free-swinging Brewers
- Work on tournament-class dek hockey rink in Bloomfield to begin
- Body found on train tracks in West End
- Greensburg high school roundup: Yough softball defeats Belle Vernon in 10 innings