Train strikes, kills man in Beaver Falls
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013, 3:18 p.m.
A man died after being hit by a train Saturday afternoon in Beaver Falls, according to emergency dispatchers.
Beaver County emergency dispatchers said the man, who was not identified, was struck on Norfolk Southern tracks near the 15th Street crossing at around 1:10 p.m.
The conductor blew a warning whistle before the train, consisting of 102 cars and three locomotives, hit the man, said Dave Pidgeon, a Norfolk Southern spokesman. Pidgeon said he didn't know how fast the train, which was hauling mixed freight, was going.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal NH crash
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Wilkinsburg woman, 24, dies in crash
- Heyl: Even crooks know UPMC’s full of it
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Mastech Holdings records 51 percent profit jump in 1st quarter
- Eddie Merlot’s steakhouse attracts with menu, wines, decor