Train strikes, kills man in Beaver Falls
A man died after being hit by a train Saturday afternoon in Beaver Falls, according to emergency dispatchers.
Beaver County emergency dispatchers said the man, who was not identified, was struck on Norfolk Southern tracks near the 15th Street crossing at around 1:10 p.m.
The conductor blew a warning whistle before the train, consisting of 102 cars and three locomotives, hit the man, said Dave Pidgeon, a Norfolk Southern spokesman. Pidgeon said he didn't know how fast the train, which was hauling mixed freight, was going.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Detained Americans plead U.S. for assistance
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- President’s Labor Day appearance heavy on politicking
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Pressure on European Central Bank grows as economic recovery founders