Train strikes, kills man in Beaver Falls
A man died after being hit by a train Saturday afternoon in Beaver Falls, according to emergency dispatchers.
Beaver County emergency dispatchers said the man, who was not identified, was struck on Norfolk Southern tracks near the 15th Street crossing at around 1:10 p.m.
The conductor blew a warning whistle before the train, consisting of 102 cars and three locomotives, hit the man, said Dave Pidgeon, a Norfolk Southern spokesman. Pidgeon said he didn't know how fast the train, which was hauling mixed freight, was going.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Pirates win 5th straight as offense continues to click in win over Marlins
- Arrest made in 2014 case of Blawnox man found dead in Oakland
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- Pirates notebook: Struggling Polanco held out of starting lineup
- UPMC offering buyouts to 3,500 employees in cost-cutting move
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role
- Ligonier Township K-9 officer home to recover from deadly collision
- 2 injured in Upper Burrell head-on wreck