RMU teams with Allegheny Sports Medicine
Robert Morris University on Tuesday announced a new five-year partnership with Allegheny Sports Medicine, the sports medicine division of Allegheny General Hospital.
The exclusive agreement covers nearly 600 student athletes, coaches and support staff at the university based in Moon.
It provides them with access to Allegheny Sports Medicine's team of physicians, athletic trainers and rehabilitation specialists for the prevention and management of sports related injuries.
University spokesman Jonathan Potts said Robert Morris previously contracted with UPMC to handle its sports medicine needs.
“This is part of a larger relationship we are forging with Allegheny Health Network. We think it's in the best interests of the university at large,” Potts said.
Robert Morris has 23 NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletic teams, including the only men's and women's Division I ice hockey squads in the Pittsburgh region and the only Division I men's lacrosse team between Columbus and State College.
Debra Erdley is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach her at 412-320-7996 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Youthful West Mifflin girls face tall order
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Former member takes reins of chorus
- Tarentum Bridge falcon defends turf as eagles scout nesting locations
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Korean exhibit to go on display
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Deteriorating Monessen building under renewed scrutiny
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Local homes tour will benefit Belle Vernon Area’s anti-drug program
- Holiday spirit shines in Ford City