RMU teams with Allegheny Sports Medicine
Robert Morris University on Tuesday announced a new five-year partnership with Allegheny Sports Medicine, the sports medicine division of Allegheny General Hospital.
The exclusive agreement covers nearly 600 student athletes, coaches and support staff at the university based in Moon.
It provides them with access to Allegheny Sports Medicine's team of physicians, athletic trainers and rehabilitation specialists for the prevention and management of sports related injuries.
University spokesman Jonathan Potts said Robert Morris previously contracted with UPMC to handle its sports medicine needs.
“This is part of a larger relationship we are forging with Allegheny Health Network. We think it's in the best interests of the university at large,” Potts said.
Robert Morris has 23 NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletic teams, including the only men's and women's Division I ice hockey squads in the Pittsburgh region and the only Division I men's lacrosse team between Columbus and State College.
Debra Erdley is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach her at 412-320-7996 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates
- High school notebook: WPIAL title games could stay at The Pete, Heinz Field
- Feds tapped top Pa. Treasury official’s phone during McCord probe
- Unity supervisors propose joint public meeting with Greater Latrobe school board
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Environmental watchdog sues world’s largest steelmaker over Pennsylvania pollution
- Fed insight gives stocks room to run; S&P 500 regains 2,000 mark
- Fishing report: Steelhead scarce, but other fishing good
- Penguins recall Maatta in time for season opener in Dallas
- FBI, other authorities serve search warrant on methadone clinic near Uniontown