RMU teams with Allegheny Sports Medicine
Robert Morris University on Tuesday announced a new five-year partnership with Allegheny Sports Medicine, the sports medicine division of Allegheny General Hospital.
The exclusive agreement covers nearly 600 student athletes, coaches and support staff at the university based in Moon.
It provides them with access to Allegheny Sports Medicine's team of physicians, athletic trainers and rehabilitation specialists for the prevention and management of sports related injuries.
University spokesman Jonathan Potts said Robert Morris previously contracted with UPMC to handle its sports medicine needs.
“This is part of a larger relationship we are forging with Allegheny Health Network. We think it's in the best interests of the university at large,” Potts said.
Robert Morris has 23 NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletic teams, including the only men's and women's Division I ice hockey squads in the Pittsburgh region and the only Division I men's lacrosse team between Columbus and State College.
Debra Erdley is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach her at 412-320-7996 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- UPMC researcher died of acute cyanide poisoning, medical examiner says
- No decision yet on charges against elderly driver who struck and killed pregnant woman
- Ex-House Democratic leader DeWeese seeks new trial
- Witnesses help identify 2nd teen charged in killing Andre Roberts
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Photo of suspect in Greendale Tavern burglary/fire released
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Magicians stage effort to restore Houdini’s grave
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run