RMU teams with Allegheny Sports Medicine
Robert Morris University on Tuesday announced a new five-year partnership with Allegheny Sports Medicine, the sports medicine division of Allegheny General Hospital.
The exclusive agreement covers nearly 600 student athletes, coaches and support staff at the university based in Moon.
It provides them with access to Allegheny Sports Medicine's team of physicians, athletic trainers and rehabilitation specialists for the prevention and management of sports related injuries.
University spokesman Jonathan Potts said Robert Morris previously contracted with UPMC to handle its sports medicine needs.
“This is part of a larger relationship we are forging with Allegheny Health Network. We think it's in the best interests of the university at large,” Potts said.
Robert Morris has 23 NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletic teams, including the only men's and women's Division I ice hockey squads in the Pittsburgh region and the only Division I men's lacrosse team between Columbus and State College.
Debra Erdley is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach her at 412-320-7996 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Hundreds mourn victims of McKeesport house fire at candlelight vigil
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- All signs positive for Pitt junior forward Johnson