Man riding bicycle struck, killed along Route 119
A Connellsville man who was riding a bicycle was killed when he was struck by a vehicle on Thursday night on Route 119.
According to state police in Uniontown, John Henry Pletcher, 57, fell off his bicycle around 11:19 p.m. in the right northbound lane near Buttermore Boulevard in Connellsville Township due to a physical condition.
As Pletcher was attempting to get off the road, he was struck by a vehicle driven by Jason Gamble, 35, of Grapeville, Westmoreland Count, who was in the same lane.
According to the office of Dr. Phillip Reilly, Fayette County coroner, Pletcher was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:50 p.m.
Reilly's office said the cause of death was blunt-force trauma and multiple bilateral upper rib fractures.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Allegheny County buck could prove to be state’s largest ever taken
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- House fire doused in Turtle Creek
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise