Man riding bicycle struck, killed along Route 119
A Connellsville man who was riding a bicycle was killed when he was struck by a vehicle on Thursday night on Route 119.
According to state police in Uniontown, John Henry Pletcher, 57, fell off his bicycle around 11:19 p.m. in the right northbound lane near Buttermore Boulevard in Connellsville Township due to a physical condition.
As Pletcher was attempting to get off the road, he was struck by a vehicle driven by Jason Gamble, 35, of Grapeville, Westmoreland Count, who was in the same lane.
According to the office of Dr. Phillip Reilly, Fayette County coroner, Pletcher was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:50 p.m.
Reilly's office said the cause of death was blunt-force trauma and multiple bilateral upper rib fractures.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman shot at Kennywood Park in ‘freak accident’
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- Don’t remove history’s lessons
- Philly’s new vibrancy lures crowds
- Pirates minor league report: Ramirez more mindful while at plate
- Starting 9: Pirates missing out on young bat
- Locke pitches 8 scoreless innings as Pirates edge Indians
- Grandmother of boy dropped at Uniontown Hospital says he’s in ICU
- Court attire can have impact, public defenders say
- State-owned universities spend millions in race to snare students
- Starkey: Bring back the Brawl!