Man riding bicycle struck, killed along Route 119
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Friday, Sept. 20, 2013, 11:54 a.m.
A Connellsville man who was riding a bicycle was killed when he was struck by a vehicle on Thursday night on Route 119.
According to state police in Uniontown, John Henry Pletcher, 57, fell off his bicycle around 11:19 p.m. in the right northbound lane near Buttermore Boulevard in Connellsville Township due to a physical condition.
As Pletcher was attempting to get off the road, he was struck by a vehicle driven by Jason Gamble, 35, of Grapeville, Westmoreland Count, who was in the same lane.
According to the office of Dr. Phillip Reilly, Fayette County coroner, Pletcher was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:50 p.m.
Reilly's office said the cause of death was blunt-force trauma and multiple bilateral upper rib fractures.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Bylsma wants Cup version of Letang
- Mt. Pleasant’s Donitzen’s high jump prowess could be college ticket
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs
- Rossi: Pens sticking to power-play plan
- RiverQuest short of money, looks for a partner
- Curfew concerns presented to Connellsville mayor
- Steel Valley volleyball rekindling program’s glory days
- ‘Cross on the Hill’ a special sight for residents
- Knife incident on bus gives Connellsville Area School District pause
- Orpik: Penguins must keep their cool
- WVU-bound Highlands gymnast picks prom over national championships