Memorial service to honor Zelienople native killed in Navy Yard shooting
Friends and family gathered for a memorial service on Tuesday to honor Frank Kohler, a Zelienople native killed in last week's shooting at the Navy Yard in Washington.
The service had been scheduled at the English Evangelical Lutheran Church in Zelienople but was moved to the auditorium of Seneca Valley Intermediate High School because a large crowd was expected.
Kohler, 50, of Tall Timbers, Md., was one of 12 victims killed during the shooting rampage last week at the Navy Yard. He was a government support specialist for more than 27 years.
Kohler was a 1980 graduate of Seneca Valley High School and earned a bachelor's degree in computer science from Slippery Rock University in 1985.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Parking Authority settles suit over kiosks
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County