Memorial service to honor Zelienople native killed in Navy Yard shooting
Friends and family gathered for a memorial service on Tuesday to honor Frank Kohler, a Zelienople native killed in last week's shooting at the Navy Yard in Washington.
The service had been scheduled at the English Evangelical Lutheran Church in Zelienople but was moved to the auditorium of Seneca Valley Intermediate High School because a large crowd was expected.
Kohler, 50, of Tall Timbers, Md., was one of 12 victims killed during the shooting rampage last week at the Navy Yard. He was a government support specialist for more than 27 years.
Kohler was a 1980 graduate of Seneca Valley High School and earned a bachelor's degree in computer science from Slippery Rock University in 1985.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westinghouse assistant coach placed on leave
- Steelers trim roster to 75
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Hampton Fields Village resident celebrates 100th birthday with family, friends
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- Biden to visit Pittsburgh on Labor Day
- McKinley backers balk over mountain’s name change
- Steelworkers: ATI talks to resume Sept. 11
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- Steelworkers union says ATI talks to resume
- China’s WWII parade of military might stirs up Taiwan, others in Asia