Memorial service to honor Zelienople native killed in Navy Yard shooting
Friends and family gathered for a memorial service on Tuesday to honor Frank Kohler, a Zelienople native killed in last week's shooting at the Navy Yard in Washington.
The service had been scheduled at the English Evangelical Lutheran Church in Zelienople but was moved to the auditorium of Seneca Valley Intermediate High School because a large crowd was expected.
Kohler, 50, of Tall Timbers, Md., was one of 12 victims killed during the shooting rampage last week at the Navy Yard. He was a government support specialist for more than 27 years.
Kohler was a 1980 graduate of Seneca Valley High School and earned a bachelor's degree in computer science from Slippery Rock University in 1985.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- Saudi-led attacks seen as escalating violence in Yemen
- Barry Manilow plays Pittsburgh ‘one last time’
- Rossi: Time for NCAA to forget late tourney starts
- Stop foreign dumping, U.S. Steel CEO Longhi tells Congress
- West Virginia women oust Duquesne from WNIT
- IUP races to spot in Division II championship game
- Penguins notebook: Staal insists he never asked for trade to Penguins
- Penn Hills junior slain in shooting had visited friends at Monroeville housing complex
- New Ken man ‘holed up’ in house