Voter registration deadline Oct. 7 in Allegheny County
The deadline to register to vote in the Nov. 5 municipal election is Oct. 7, Allegheny County Elections Division officials said Thursday.
The ballot will feature races for Pittsburgh mayor, Pittsburgh City Council, Allegheny County Council, school boards, judgeships and other municipal posts.
People can register to vote by mail using a form available at U.S. Postal Service branches, Armed Services Recruitment Centers, Area Agencies on Aging and online at www.votespa.com.
People can apply in person from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Office of the Registration Commission in Room 609 of the County Office Building, Downtown. The office will stay open until 5 p.m. on Oct. 7 to accept last-minute registrations, officials said.
Voters must have been a U.S. citizen for at least one month before the election, live in their district for at least 30 days and be 18 by Nov. 7.
Voters who have moved, changed their names or switched party affiliation must notify the elections division by Oct. 7. They may use the registration-by-mail forms to do so.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shaken by economic, political turmoil, MLB forsaking Venezuela
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin
- Hurricanes owner rips Rutherford, Penguins
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Penguins sign defensive prospect
- Attorney General’s twin sister sued by FBI agent ex-boyfriend
- Gov. Wolf vetoes bill to privatize Pennsylvania’s liquor system
- Online groups curate collections of photos that highlight Pittsburgh
- Fashion FYI: National Bikini Day celebrates debut of two-piece suit
- Man who threatened to jump from bridge in custody