Voter registration deadline Oct. 7 in Allegheny County
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013, 4:48 p.m.
The deadline to register to vote in the Nov. 5 municipal election is Oct. 7, Allegheny County Elections Division officials said Thursday.
The ballot will feature races for Pittsburgh mayor, Pittsburgh City Council, Allegheny County Council, school boards, judgeships and other municipal posts.
People can register to vote by mail using a form available at U.S. Postal Service branches, Armed Services Recruitment Centers, Area Agencies on Aging and online at www.votespa.com.
People can apply in person from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Office of the Registration Commission in Room 609 of the County Office Building, Downtown. The office will stay open until 5 p.m. on Oct. 7 to accept last-minute registrations, officials said.
Voters must have been a U.S. citizen for at least one month before the election, live in their district for at least 30 days and be 18 by Nov. 7.
Voters who have moved, changed their names or switched party affiliation must notify the elections division by Oct. 7. They may use the registration-by-mail forms to do so.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- West Mifflin business joins forces with East Allegheny students
- Prescription Drug Take Back Day to be observed locally
- Local Episcopal priest sentenced in child pornography case
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Pitcher Cueto shuts down Pirates as Reds cruise to victory at PNC
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Mt. Pleasant to save with energy-efficient lighting