Voter registration deadline Oct. 7 in Allegheny County
The deadline to register to vote in the Nov. 5 municipal election is Oct. 7, Allegheny County Elections Division officials said Thursday.
The ballot will feature races for Pittsburgh mayor, Pittsburgh City Council, Allegheny County Council, school boards, judgeships and other municipal posts.
People can register to vote by mail using a form available at U.S. Postal Service branches, Armed Services Recruitment Centers, Area Agencies on Aging and online at www.votespa.com.
People can apply in person from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Office of the Registration Commission in Room 609 of the County Office Building, Downtown. The office will stay open until 5 p.m. on Oct. 7 to accept last-minute registrations, officials said.
Voters must have been a U.S. citizen for at least one month before the election, live in their district for at least 30 days and be 18 by Nov. 7.
Voters who have moved, changed their names or switched party affiliation must notify the elections division by Oct. 7. They may use the registration-by-mail forms to do so.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Phone calls about unpaid taxes are scams
- Former South Allegheny school director named to Glassport council
- West Mifflin council adopts tenant ordinance
- Dravosburg supports regional land bank plan
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Morton, Pirates blank Red Sox in series opener
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- Tobacco growers forced to find profits as buyout checks end in October
- A Griffins great: Seton Hill soccer team supports 7-year-old honorary member
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Colleges in Western Pa. to emphasize curricula for energy, industrial fields