Police investigate alleged sexting involving 5 Hempfield students
State police in Greensburg have started an investigation into an alleged “sexting” incident involving five Hempfield Area High School students.
“We're in the very initial stages right now. What occurred is that a parent of one of the teenagers apparently found something on their child's cellular phone, reported it to school administrators, and they contacted us,” said state police spokesman Steve Limani.
Police said the incident involves a 16-year-old female, a 16-year-old male, and three 15-year-old males.
Police believe the incident occurred in July or August, but it was reported to police only “in the last couple of weeks.”
“These cases are very difficult to pursue, depending on the type of cellular telephone the individuals have. But, again, we're in the very early stages,” Limani said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins release Carcillo from tryout contract
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery sent explicit emails
- Coroner identifies Cranberry woman who died in McConnells Mill fall
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- West Newton man found dead in helicopter wreckage near Rostraver Airport
- Police: Westmoreland man dead of gunshot had fired at state troopers during pursuit
- Photos offer clue to assailant in fatal North Side Pittsburgh stabbing
- Truck accident closes all inbound lanes of Parkway West
- Bumgarner quiets Blackout crowd with 4-hit shutout