Police investigate alleged sexting involving 5 Hempfield students
State police in Greensburg have started an investigation into an alleged “sexting” incident involving five Hempfield Area High School students.
“We're in the very initial stages right now. What occurred is that a parent of one of the teenagers apparently found something on their child's cellular phone, reported it to school administrators, and they contacted us,” said state police spokesman Steve Limani.
Police said the incident involves a 16-year-old female, a 16-year-old male, and three 15-year-old males.
Police believe the incident occurred in July or August, but it was reported to police only “in the last couple of weeks.”
“These cases are very difficult to pursue, depending on the type of cellular telephone the individuals have. But, again, we're in the very early stages,” Limani said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported
- District football roundup: W&J advances in Division III playoffs; Slippery Rock ousted
- Bluegrass jam sessions bring out all types of musicians, fans
- ‘Gutenberg’s Apprentice’ tells how the printed Bible came to be
- In ‘The Peripheral,’ Gibson travels back to the future
- Penn State struggles against Big Ten’s worst defense in loss to Illinois
- Police investigating shooting outside of Monessen bar
- Baldacci’s ‘Escape’ brings fast, furious twists and turns
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Duquesne gets better of Robert Morris again
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role