Rivers Casino to make payment for arena tab
Rivers Casino said Monday it intends to make a $2.8 million payment to the Sports & Exhibition Authority of Allegheny County as required under a long-term agreement to help pay for Consol Energy Center's construction.
The Rivers is required to make two payments totaling $7.5 million each year, one on April 1 and the other on Oct. 1. To date, the North Shore casino has contributed $32.8 million toward construction of the $321 million Uptown arena.
The Rivers' agreement with SEA extends through 2038.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Amusement parks fight off home entertainment threat
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Surge in small drones making airline pilots nervous
- DVD reviews: ‘The Giver,’ ‘The Expendables 3’ and ‘What If’
- Pitt plays best game of the season; routs Kansas State