Rivers Casino to make payment for arena tab
Rivers Casino said Monday it intends to make a $2.8 million payment to the Sports & Exhibition Authority of Allegheny County as required under a long-term agreement to help pay for Consol Energy Center's construction.
The Rivers is required to make two payments totaling $7.5 million each year, one on April 1 and the other on Oct. 1. To date, the North Shore casino has contributed $32.8 million toward construction of the $321 million Uptown arena.
The Rivers' agreement with SEA extends through 2038.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- More than 800 marijuana plants seized in Washington County
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- National city organization chooses Pittsburgh for 2016 gathering
- Penn State to announce new athletic director
- Suspended Penn-Trafford teacher charged with stalking student
- Injured eagle in Somerset County returns to the wild
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Washington Co. man arrested on child porn charges