Rivers Casino to make payment for arena tab
Rivers Casino said Monday it intends to make a $2.8 million payment to the Sports & Exhibition Authority of Allegheny County as required under a long-term agreement to help pay for Consol Energy Center's construction.
The Rivers is required to make two payments totaling $7.5 million each year, one on April 1 and the other on Oct. 1. To date, the North Shore casino has contributed $32.8 million toward construction of the $321 million Uptown arena.
The Rivers' agreement with SEA extends through 2038.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fleury denied 300th victory as Penguins lose to Islanders, 5-4, in shootout
- South Fayette again defeats Aliquippa to defend WPIAL Class AA title
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Crowds pack Downtown Pittsburgh to enjoy Light Up Night festivities, fireworks
- Texas awaits surge from across border
- Deal reached in Los Angeles school sex abuse case
- 5 family members killed on ‘dream trip’ to Disney
- As snow melts, floods a growing concern in Buffalo
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill
- Clairton wins 11th WPIAL football championship
- Ohio judge frees 2 men in 1975 murder as then-teen witness recants