Rivers Casino to make payment for arena tab
Rivers Casino said Monday it intends to make a $2.8 million payment to the Sports & Exhibition Authority of Allegheny County as required under a long-term agreement to help pay for Consol Energy Center's construction.
The Rivers is required to make two payments totaling $7.5 million each year, one on April 1 and the other on Oct. 1. To date, the North Shore casino has contributed $32.8 million toward construction of the $321 million Uptown arena.
The Rivers' agreement with SEA extends through 2038.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense
- Pitt, WR Boyd look to break out against Virginia
- Gorman: WPIAL must answer with power move
- After another slow start, Greensburg Central Catholic defeats Leechburg
- Feds aim to bring Chinese military leaders to Pittsburgh for trial
- Rock Steelers Style, other fashion events team up for a good cause