Rivers Casino to make payment for arena tab
Rivers Casino said Monday it intends to make a $2.8 million payment to the Sports & Exhibition Authority of Allegheny County as required under a long-term agreement to help pay for Consol Energy Center's construction.
The Rivers is required to make two payments totaling $7.5 million each year, one on April 1 and the other on Oct. 1. To date, the North Shore casino has contributed $32.8 million toward construction of the $321 million Uptown arena.
The Rivers' agreement with SEA extends through 2038.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Military academy members hone hacking skills at competition
- NHL notebook: Family says ex-Hawk Mikita has dementia
- Homework: Pittsburgh Home Show to feature celebs, wine and pets
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- NFL notebook: Manning would like to make decision on NFL future soon
- McCord to plead guilty to federal charges from campaign fundraising
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County
- Acting helped ‘Justified’s’ Dillahunt overcome tragedy
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Week before sentencing, Ferrante seeks acquittal or new trial
- Pirates sign 2 to minor league deals