Murrysville residents advised to "resume normal activity"
Murrysville Police are advising residents of the Murry Woods and Crowfoot Road areas that they may “resume normal activity.”
Residents were first advised to stay indoors because of police activity in the area via Nixle text message from the police department just after 4:30 p.m.
The alert message listed the severity as “moderate – possible threat to life or property” and urgency as “immediate.”
A man who answered the phone at the Murrysville police department refused to provide additional information.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Cardinal Wuerl school opens with 286 students
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Pittsburgh hires police chief; announcement coming Tuesday afternoon
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- Man shot in Pittsburgh’s Knoxville section, but conscious