Contractor hits gas line in Plum, prompting YMCA evacuation and road closure
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, 3:18 p.m.
The Golden Mile Highway and a YMCA building in Plum reopened after a contractor struck an underground, high-pressure gas main Thursday afternoon, Allegheny County 911 supervisors said.
The call came in shortly after 1:30 p.m. in the 2200 block of Golden Mile Highway (Route 286), dispatchers said.
The YMCA East Suburban Program Center was temporarily evacuated and the road was closed between Kane Road and Pine Valley Drive for several hours.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- West Mifflin business joins forces with East Allegheny students
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Local Episcopal priest sentenced in child pornography case