Man who died in crash during police chase identified as Butler County resident
The motorist who was killed in a crash as he attempted to elude state police was identified on Thursday as a Butler County resident.
Adam J. Williams, 20, of Karns City, died in the wreck around 1:20 p.m. Wednesday along Muddy Creek Drive in Brady, state police in Butler said.
A 2-year-old girl who was secured in a child seat had minor injuries; a 1-year-old girl who also was secured in a child seat was not hurt, troopers said.
The short chase began when a trooper attempted to pull Williams over for a traffic violation. State police have not said if they know why Williams attempted to flee. Troopers said Williams was partially ejected from the wreckage.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- DC Picks: Connellsville will get back into win column
- Ford City man charged with molesting teen
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Rayburn offices moving to regular business hours
- Schools converge for Armstrong County Marching Band Festival
- The Leader expecting more surprises this week
- Coca-Cola shaves incentives for executives
- Search for pilot of ultralight aircraft to resume Thursday
- State agency honors Manorville man for hooking up kids with fishing gear
- C&S Hardware, a Main Street fixture for 20 years, closes in Saxonburg
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game