Light rail, bus routes will be detoured this weekend
Port Authority of Allegheny County's light-rail system will be significantly detoured this weekend because of work that will close the Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel, the agency said.
Several bus routes also will be affected.
The tunnel will close to bus and light-rail vehicles starting at 9 p.m. Friday and remain closed through Sunday morning. The detours will end by noon Sunday and prior to the Pirates game at PNC Park.
All red and blue line light-rail service will be routed over the Allentown Line in both directions. Buses that normally use the tunnel will be detoured, which will cause delays.
Riders should allow for extra time to get to their destination.
For more information, call Port Authority at 412-442-2000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Pitt plays best game of the season in rout of Kansas State
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Pirates notebook: Autographs to come at a cost at PirateFest
- Protesters won’t be thanking Wal-Mart
- Pittsburgh restaurants deliver the art of charcuterie
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop