Two men arrested in robbery at Lawrenceville precious metals and jewelry store
Pittsburgh police arrested two men and recovered jewelry and money stolen during an armed robbery Friday at a shop in Lawrenceville that buys precious metals and jewelry, according to authorities.
Responding officers, including K9 units, searched the neighborhood surrounding the Penn Gold & Silver Exchange at the corner of Penn Avenue and Main Street following the 5:20 p.m. robbery and apprehended the two suspects. Police recovered a revolver and a BB gun.
The men, whose names were not released, were taken to a hospital for treatment of dog bites, according to a 911 supervisor.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Pitt plays best game of the season; routs Kansas State
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Pirates notebook: Autographs to come at a cost at PirateFest
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Western Pa. business owners urge shoppers to think small