Two men arrested in robbery at Lawrenceville precious metals and jewelry store
Pittsburgh police arrested two men and recovered jewelry and money stolen during an armed robbery Friday at a shop in Lawrenceville that buys precious metals and jewelry, according to authorities.
Responding officers, including K9 units, searched the neighborhood surrounding the Penn Gold & Silver Exchange at the corner of Penn Avenue and Main Street following the 5:20 p.m. robbery and apprehended the two suspects. Police recovered a revolver and a BB gun.
The men, whose names were not released, were taken to a hospital for treatment of dog bites, according to a 911 supervisor.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- High school notebook: WPIAL title games could stay at The Pete, Heinz Field
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates
- Feds tapped top Pa. Treasury official’s phone during McCord probe
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Environmental watchdog sues world’s largest steelmaker over Pennsylvania pollution
- Fishing report: Steelhead scarce, but other fishing good
- FBI, other authorities serve search warrant on methadone clinic near Uniontown
- Unity supervisors propose joint public meeting with school board
- Penguins recall Maatta in time for season opener in Dallas
- Fed insight gives stocks room to run; S&P 500 regains 2,000 mark