Kayaker's body found along Youghiogheny River in South Versailles
The body of a missing kayaker was found Sunday afternoon in South Versailles.
James G. Leffard, 58, of White Oak went missing Friday along the Youghiogheny River in North Huntingdon, police said.
Authorities located Leffard's vehicle parked along the river in North Huntingdon on Friday and later found his unoccupied kayak with his cell phone and identification near Coulter, police said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office went to an area along the river in South Versailles about 4 p.m. on Sunday, officials said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: RG3 ‘not happy’ with benching
- Penguins’ Scuderi, Despres an odd couple on defense
- Holiday greeting cards benefit charities
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Manorville boy gets his wish: a week at Walt Disney World
- Hot picks: Jazzman Kevin Howard, Trey Anastasio Band
- Former Worthington police chief going to trial
- ‘Charlie Brown’s Christmas’ reminder of holiday message
- Contractor fighting Armstrong blight one house at a time
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Shoppers vexed by choice between getting best bargains, spending time with family