Fayette County man charged with critically injuring child
State police charged a Fayette County man with critically injuring his girlfriend's young son.
Raymond Allen Matteson, 35, of Smithfield is in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of a $250,000 cash bond.
Investigators say the assault on the 20-month-old boy resulted in an injured liver and bruising on the brain. The child was taken to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville in critical condition, according to police. The incident occurred about 6:15 p.m. Friday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Greensburg pair jailed in convenience store robbery
- Burrell’s Beattie goes for 3rd PIAA Class AA Southwest Regional title vs. familiar opponent
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Gas service restored to 550 homes in California
- Record-breaking temps could make February the coldest one since 1979
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- 3-alarm fire burns Hill District row homes
- Vincentian girls dominate rival North Catholic for 4th straight WPIAL Class A title
- Butler County teen dies in ATV accident
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi