Fayette County man charged with critically injuring child
State police charged a Fayette County man with critically injuring his girlfriend's young son.
Raymond Allen Matteson, 35, of Smithfield is in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of a $250,000 cash bond.
Investigators say the assault on the 20-month-old boy resulted in an injured liver and bruising on the brain. The child was taken to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville in critical condition, according to police. The incident occurred about 6:15 p.m. Friday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Few homeowners expected to benefit from Bank of America’s $16.65B settlement
- Distracted Steelers show nothing in loss to Eagles
- $9 million tentative agreement reached for Rock Airport property in West Deer
- Drills put police, teachers in danger zone
- Harmar supervisor demands colleague’s resignation
- LaBar: Hulk Hogan wants to fight Brock Lesnar?
- NFL could delay punishment
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- Roundup: Giant Eagle workers approve contract; West Penn Power to pay $1.3 million state fine; more
- Trail ride benefits Pine-Templeton Volunteer Fire Department
- Google Maps opens business doors to online views for shoppers