Steelers players, family honor memory of L.C. Greenwood
Former Steelers players from the 1970s era Super Bowl teams joined L.C. Greenwood's family Monday at the Pentecostal Temple Church of God in Christ in East Liberty to remember the former member of the “Steel Curtain” defense.
Greenwood, 67, died Sept. 29 in Pittsburgh.
Among those who attended the funeral service were former Steelers player Mel Blount, Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney and President Art Rooney II, former Steelers scout Bill Nunn and former Steelers players “Mean Joe” Greene and John Banaszak.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- 1 intruder killed, another injured in Carrick home invasion
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Clemson’s Stoudt is one of the unheralded ACC QBs trying to break out
- Ukrainian festival will go on in McKees Rocks despite crisis in homeland
- Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device business
- Pirates notebook: Polanco, Puig held out of series opener
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Mercer restoration company turns junk into repurposed treasure
- Dodgers rough up rusty starter Volquez, knock off Pirates at PNC Park