Steelers players, family honor memory of L.C. Greenwood
Former Steelers players from the 1970s era Super Bowl teams joined L.C. Greenwood's family Monday at the Pentecostal Temple Church of God in Christ in East Liberty to remember the former member of the “Steel Curtain” defense.
Greenwood, 67, died Sept. 29 in Pittsburgh.
Among those who attended the funeral service were former Steelers player Mel Blount, Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney and President Art Rooney II, former Steelers scout Bill Nunn and former Steelers players “Mean Joe” Greene and John Banaszak.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Motorcyclist killed after striking pole in Penn Township
- Former pitcher Allie happily adjusting to outfield
- Pirates chase Mets’ Harvey early in rout
- Biertempfel: Despite Marte’s inconsistency, Pirates’ Hurdle keeping faith
- Coroners, organ harvesting group spar over procurement process
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream
- Rossi: Days off are when Pirates’ starters begin winning formula
- Book details secret to Pirates’ turnaround
- Unquestionable courage & sacrifice
- Hempfield train crash search called off; no evidence found
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts