Steelers players, family honor memory of L.C. Greenwood
Former Steelers players from the 1970s era Super Bowl teams joined L.C. Greenwood's family Monday at the Pentecostal Temple Church of God in Christ in East Liberty to remember the former member of the “Steel Curtain” defense.
Greenwood, 67, died Sept. 29 in Pittsburgh.
Among those who attended the funeral service were former Steelers player Mel Blount, Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney and President Art Rooney II, former Steelers scout Bill Nunn and former Steelers players “Mean Joe” Greene and John Banaszak.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Business roundup: IBM “flatly denies” report of mass layoffs; more
- Emergency room visits decline as navigators steer patients to proper medical care
- Teen found in Riverview Park last year died of overdose
- Armstrong spared worst of nor’easter’s wrath
- Ford City officials discuss code enforcement
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Penn Hills superintendent resigns
- MSA Safety products in demand to protect workers in dangerous jobs