Steelers players, family honor memory of L.C. Greenwood
Former Steelers players from the 1970s era Super Bowl teams joined L.C. Greenwood's family Monday at the Pentecostal Temple Church of God in Christ in East Liberty to remember the former member of the “Steel Curtain” defense.
Greenwood, 67, died Sept. 29 in Pittsburgh.
Among those who attended the funeral service were former Steelers player Mel Blount, Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney and President Art Rooney II, former Steelers scout Bill Nunn and former Steelers players “Mean Joe” Greene and John Banaszak.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Visual search still hampered by image issues
- Dorfman: Fat profit margins not always sign of star
- High court to weigh pregnancy work rights
- Dedicated California educator Hasbrouck dead at 62
- Alle-Kiski soccer notebook: Area teams begin section play this week
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense